Editor job in Baltimore
Company Name:Laureate Education
Education & Training
Certified B Corporation
State / Province:
GENERAL SUMMARY:Walden University seeks an editor/writer to join its marketing team. The right person for this blended role is foremost a skilled editor who can copy edit, fact check, and proofread a wide range of marketing materials and is able to shift gears quickly to write compelling marketing content and communications as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Copy edit, fact check, and proofread marketing materials (web, e-mails, ads, brochures, presentations, press releases, etc.) and internal communications for Walden University.
- Review and rewrite copy from external clients to conform to brand standards.
- Support in-house writers in creating engaging marketing content and communications.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the editorial style guide for Walden University.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of the university’s academic programs.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Thorough knowledge of AP style, including most recent updates; ability to master in-house style.
- Working knowledge of commenting, track changes, and mark-up tools in Microsoft Word and Adobe Professional.
- Experience managing multiple projects on deadline.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Superb problem-solving, time-management, and organizational skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in English or journalism.
Three to five years of professional experience as a copy editor. At least two years of professional experience as a marketing copywriter. Experience in writing or editing higher education materials a plus
ref: (SB_13823) 6 days agoBack to search results