Product Designer job in New York City
We’re seeking a seasoned and creative Product Designer to work on the tools that help our community create, discover, explore, back, and share creative projects. You’ll collaborate with teams across Kickstarter to solve new challenges and ensure a consistent product experience.
About The Team
The Product Design Team at Kickstarter is committed to pushing the needle forward for creativity. We help to assure that Kickstarter’s product solutions and user experience are engaging and inspiring. From improving how creators run their projects to building tools that help our team work better together, we work in partnership with engineers to explore new ideas and tackle challenges as they arise.
In This Role, You Will:
Wireframe, design, and prototype new features.
- Turn challenging workflows into simple, usable, and elegant experiences.
- Present, review, and communicate your design work and the work of your teammates.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering Teammates on delivering high quality product experiences.
- Help shape the product experience and roadmap through clear communication and feedback.
You have 3+ years of cross-platform and device product design experience.
- You have a developed and inspiring visual design portfolio.
- You understand how data and research inform your design craft.
- You are a capable communicator with a knack for translating vision and intent into meaningful design.
- You want to seek out and develop a design process that encourages collaboration between other designers and Product Teams.
- You communicate design decisions openly and confidently, regardless of the audience—engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, et al.
- You are open to changing your opinion in the face of new information or a better understanding of product goals—you have strong beliefs, but you’re open-minded.
- Bonus Points if you: prototype your own work. Many of us are multi-disciplinary—a lot of our designers deploy product code, manage our CSS library, and prototype in a variety of tools. If you’re a designer who likes to bring their ideas to life, you’ll feel right at home.
- Bonus points if you: are a creator. We love to work with fellow creators who are excited about having a visible impact on our diverse creative community. Not only does being a creator help you empathize with our users, it also makes for interesting conversation with the many writers, musicians, painters, and artists who work here.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.