Mechanic / Technician job in San Lorenzo
Skilled Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the day-to-day troubleshooting, maintenance and repairs of all commercial equipment and machinery within the chilled food facility. Keeps the culinary center and its grounds in a safe, clean, secure and operable
condition. The primary objective is to keep operations running efficiently and effectively, with a minimum amount of down time in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:Will manage daily maintenance needs and routine preventive maintenance work to ensure the proper upkeep of the machinery, equipment, fixtures and the facility. These responsibilities may also include, but are not
limited to: general facility maintenance, assembly and maintenance on fixtures, office equipment and furniture repair.
- Maintain and repair a variety of kitchen equipment including kettles, skillets, ovens, warmers, thermal units, racking, conveyers and heat seal machines. This may require reading service manuals, schematics, diagrams, blue prints or as-builds.
- Troubleshoots, maintains and repairs machinery and equipment within the designated facility. This may include, but is not limited to, conveyors, PLC, packaging equipment, minor electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, instrumentation, refrigeration, water, sewer,
treatment, etc. This may require reading service manuals, schematics, diagrams, blue prints or as-builds.
- Assemble, maintain and repair office area and repair office area including lighting, bathroom plumbing, paint, trim and furniture. Clean, patch and paint as needed. May complete landscaping tasks, as needed.
- Assists with maintaining and sourcing tools, parts and supplies. Required to adjust devices and control instrumentation. Routinely uses excepted practices to troubleshoot equipment and machinery.
- Manage preventative maintenance (PM) agreements with vendors and ensure PM visits occur in a timely fashion for equipment such as HVAC, refrigeration, forklift, compressor and generator.
- Perform regular (daily/weekly/monthly/annual) property and equipment inspections.
- Log all relevant activities into online facilities system (netfacilities.com). Controls and tracks downtime associated with maintenance and repair work. Documents what corrective actions were taken.
- Respond to emergency calls during non-business hours.
- May coordinate with agency representatives to inspect and ensure that all required certifications are up-to-date (sprinkler systems, health department, fire marshal, etc.).
- May need to liaise with 3rd party vendors at the site or by phone where equipment is under warranty, or to help establish or diagnose a problem. Maintains the highest level of professionalism and demeanor as a business representative.
- Coordinate service calls with trades people when necessary.
- Ensure that all maintenance tools are in good working condition and stored neatly and securely. Maintain tool inventory. May assist with sourcing tools, parts and supplies.
- Perform other tasks as needed (including lifting 50 pounds, cleaning units, maintain and secure tools, etc.)
Required Experience and Education:
- 3-5 years experience in a similar Maintenance Technician position performing mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry related tasks. A solid mechanical background is required.
- Apprenticeship, related training and/or education is helpful
- Experience working in a fresh or chilled food environment that supports the ability to work in an independent capacity.
- Experience working with tile and masonry repair helpful.
- Basic computer literacy and the ability to update facility maintenance systems.
- Food Handler certification. Knowledge of common food handling safety requirements