Licensed Massage Therapist job in Taos Ski Valley
Licensed Massage Therapist
Here, at the end of a box canyon surrounded by wilderness where the Rockies begin in the shadow of the iconic Kachina Peak is a place situated off the map of ordinary. A place that since its first lift was installed over 60 years ago has strived to stay true to its roots while growing better rather than bigger. Here we get a glimpse of the future, a ski area that is redefining what a year-round mountain resort can look like. A place that is independent, free-spirited, and intimate in scale. A place that is more home than destination, more retreat than resort, and the people that come here are more family than guests.
This defining drive to be better is at our core, but better means more than how we do business, it reflects what nature and history has so generously given us. Big vertical and terrain, abundant snowfall and sunshine, and a rich cultural mosaic formed by the heritage of its original Pueblo people and vibrant Hispanic influences. By its community of artists and artisans and by the adventurers drawn to its spectacular wilderness. Today, amidst this enduring character are the winds of change, it’s a revitalization of Taos Ski Valley that will preserve both our values and our environment, while reinvesting in lodging, infrastructure, lifts, snowmaking, and facilities. Our goal still is to grow better rather than bigger and to create something that is unique in approach that is supportive of our environment, our community and our culture. This vision for the future has helped make us the first ski resort in the world to earn B Corp Certification. It’s a symbol of where we’re headed and what we stand for.
As a Massage Therapist, you help make every guest's stay comfortable and inviting by creating a beautiful environment in the Spa. You pay attention to the details and make sure you put a personal touch that says every guest is special. You have the knowledge and ability to perform massage and body services that meet the guidelines and expectations as laid out by the Spa Director/Manager as well as within the guidelines established by your current licensure within the State of New Mexico. You maintain the highest level of product knowledge and have a complete understanding of all spa services offered. You know the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to guests and help answer any guest questions in a positive and professional manner. As a Massage Therapist, you are knowledgeable about Taos Ski Valley, The Blake Hotel and The Spa and able to provide direction to guests to include packages offered, hours of operation, class schedules of The Spa & Fitness Center, mountain statistics and the adventurous offerings of our scenic surroundings. As a Massage Therapist, you will try to up-sell services and options to potential and repeat guests. You strive to provide exceptional service to both fellow staff members and guests at all times.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid state license in massage therapy or other credentials required by the state
- Customer service experience, preferably in a spa
- Must be able to build positive rapport with the guests
- Must be willing to ask for help and/or clarification
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests
- Efficient, well-organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion and polished appearance
- Demonstrates comfort level in product knowledge and recommendation
- Fluent in verbal and written English, other language skills preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings
Total Compensation Package:
A full-time, seasonal position with benefits includes a free season pass, paid wellness days, domestic partnership benefits, free employee shuttle, family & friends discounted tickets and excellent resort wide discounts!
A part-time, seasonal position with benefits includes a free season pass, free employee shuttle, family & friends discounted tickets and excellent resort wide discounts!
Objectives of our overall compensation philosophy include:
- Fairly & competitively compensate within our region, industry & larger marketplace while keeping with our B Corp ethics
- Pair equity amongst genders and similar types of work, rather than relying on past wage history
- Support pay transparency & encourage openness on compensation topics
- Conducting regular, organization-wide pay analyses to ensure fair and unbiased compensation
- Rewarding those that are results-driven, contribute positively & bring additional value to the organization by aligning with our organization’s overall goals, B Corp ethics and sustainability guidelines.
Other sweet perks include:
- Retail, Rental, F&B, Lodging & Recreational discounts
- Totally cool deals on awesome gear
- Lift ticket discounts to partner resorts
- Internal recognition programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Awesome staff events and cultural experiences
- Access to wellness programs and gym discounts!
- A robust Employee Assistance Program offering all kinds of wonderful perks!
- ...did we mention the views are gorgeous?!
Positions dealing with children, of safety sensitive and/or confidential nature, require driving or positions that handle cash may require a background check and MVR check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check and MVR check.
Here at Taos Ski Valley, Inc. we want you to Be Yourself! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which means your gender, your sex life, your skin color, your age, disability, DNA, military status, who you love or your religious beliefs are all welcomed and appreciated here. We prefer to base our hiring on your values, your experience & qualifications and your passions! So, if you’re stoked about the mountain, want to work for a B Corp, have a positive, can-do attitude and are good at what you do, then WE WANT YOU!
This description is a summary of the position, for a full job description please CLICK HERE
If you have further questions, please email HR@skitaos.com or please give us a call at 575-776-2291