Software Engineer job
B Lab’s vision is that one day all companies will compete to be the best for the world, creating a shared and durable prosperity for all. B Lab drives this systemic change by: 1) building a global community of Certified B Corporations who meet the highest standards of verified, overall social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose; 2) promoting meaningful engagement with the B Economy through use of Benefit Corporation Governance to align the interests of business with those of society and to help high impact businesses scale with integrity, and Impact Management tools that help businesses, investors, and institutions improve their ability to use business as a force for good.
Certified B Corps meet the most rigorous standards of social and environmental performance and transparency, and legally expand their fiduciary duties to include consideration of stakeholder interests. As of April 2018, there are more than 2,400 Certified B Corps from over 150 industries and 50 countries; more than 6,000 businesses have registered as benefit corporations; more than 70,000 businesses have taken their first steps in impact management using the B Impact Assessment; and more than 100 investors, fund managers, credit providers, business associations, supply chain managers, and government agencies are using B Analytics data platform and B Ratings to measure and report on the impact of the companies in whom they invest and with whom they work.
B Lab is hiring a Software Engineer to join our growing Technology Team. Via B Lab’s core applications, the B Impact Assessment, Impact Management and B Analytics, tens of thousands of companies are taking the first step in measuring and managing their social and environmental impact.
The Software Engineer will help build, improve and scale B Lab’s product offerings to support B Lab’s mission of using business as a force for good.
Core Job Functions
- Programming well-designed, efficient code that ships with functional and unit test coverage
- Contribute and collaborate on story writing to shape product features
- Participate in bi-weekly sprint planning to scope stories/deliverables
- Monitor application dashboards
- Check for user issues and code exceptions
- Identify areas of improvement based on current metrics
- Participate in bi-weekly sprint reviews
- Work with external resources to resolve product issues.
- Establish test procedures for quality assurance of finished product
- Engage in quality assurance testing
- Maintain existing code to improve stability and reliability
- Provide timely tech support for internal staff and end users
Core Skills & Capacities
The ideal Software Engineer will maintain and continue to develop the following qualifications and interests:
- Maintain working knowledge as a “full stack” engineer using agile development methodology
- Maintain working knowledge of Agile Framework
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of REST
- Expand advanced knowledge in CSS & HTML best practices
- Expand knowledge of external design resources and utilize external design resources to ensure quality design and performance
- Clear and direct written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on celebrating success and inclusion.
- Willingness to collaborate with diverse stakeholders internally and externally to reach a common goals or understanding.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a time sensitive environment
- Customer service/ first ticket resolution philosophy
Advanced Skills & Capacities
- Experienced in Ember, Ember CLI, PHP & PostgreSQL
- Exhibit strong desire to learn, improve and apply new features and/or coding languages
- Salesforce experience
- Familiar with Google’s Material Design
- Familiar with Docker; building containers and images
- Medical & Dental Coverage
- 40 Hours of Paid Time Off for Community Service
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational and Professional Development Reimbursements
- Flexible Work Options
Cool Perks at B Lab
- Staff retreats and events
- Many lunches, team dinners and happy hours
- Kitchen stocked full with snacks
- Open and vibrant office space!
- A great feeling from working on products that have a huge impact
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
B Lab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, B Lab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobs like this one
- Senior Software Engineer (Frontend), Shop Certified B Corporation Other/Not Classified New York
- Software Engineer (Android) Certified B Corporation Computer Software British Columbia Maple Ridge
- Software Engineer Certified B Corporation Computer Software British Columbia Maple Ridge