Nyberg Rivers Jobs - 2018 Q3 job in Tualatin, OR
Get in on the Grocery Goodness!
At New Seasons Market we have fun - and we take good food seriously. We get inspired by food. Our stores offer a wide array of local organic produce at season's peak, humanely raised meats from animals fed or finished on a non-GMO diet, sustainably harvested seafood, Certified Organic artisan breads, handmade freshly prepared foods and unique, artisanal local finds alongside classic brands. Because at the end of the day, New Seasons is all about really good food.
Even more importantly, New Seasons is a happy place - and that's because of our passionate staff. We're foodies. We're chefs. We're bakers. We love sharing our passion for food with our customers. And it all happens in a progressive workplace, where we listen and trust more than dictate. We love to laugh, we delight in connection-making, we celebrate our differences, and we see the extraordinary in the every day.
Ready for a Career You'll Really Love? And a Job that Loves You Back?
Check Out Our Departments:
Clerk positions open regularly in our store. This job posting will be used to fill these openings. On your application, you will have an opportunity to let us know which departments you prefer. We recommended that you select all the departments that interest you as we may not have current openings in every department.
Bakery: Learn a traditional, centuries-old craft - and how to serve up the perfect latte! Beside, who doesn't love coffee, pastries, and helping start someone's day off on the right foot?
Cheese, Beer and Wine: Our specialty departments are all about making the meal perfect with the ideal pairing. Whether it's cheese or beer & wine, you're working with high-end deliciousness - often from local craftspeople.
Floral: Our in-store floral design studio is easily the most creative department in our store. If you're inspired by plants, flowers and beautiful arrangements - and you like being a part of people's big, memorable moments - you'll love our floral team.
Front End: If you're an extroverted, super friendly and outgoing person, you'll enjoy being a cashier. The front end often is the face of our store - and you'll get to make a meaningful connection with hundreds of customers. In other words? You can really make someone's day.
Grocery: The grocery department is all about being active! You're building displays that tell a story - visual merchandising at its finest. If that sounds like fun and you love sharing amazing products with customers, you'd be great for grocery.
Housekeeping: Our housekeepers keep our stores beautiful and clean for our staff and customers. If nothing makes you more satisfied than cleaning and organizing, this would be a great fit.
Meat & Seafood: Do you love the idea of being an old-school, neighborhood butcher? How about chatting with people and giving advice about choosing and cooking meat and seafood? If you're all that, plus love working with high quality product you can get behind, check out our meat & seafood department.
Prepared Foods: It's your kitchen away from home - with the added bonus of a fabulous team! Help customers answer the age-old question of "What's for dinner tonight?" And if you like preparing and sharing delicious recipes, prepared foods is for you. We hire cooks, prep cooks, dishwashers, and prepared foods clerks.
Produce: With access to the best fruit and veggies in town, the produce department is on the cutting edge of what makes New Seasons Market different. Do you like introducing new and exotic things to people? Are you a huge fan of eating fresh with the season? Then you'll love the produce department.
Wellness: Our wellness team is known for being experts on the wide array of products in our department, from supplements to skincare. If you love helping people pick out just the right wellness product for their needs - and love helping people look and feel good - the wellness department is for you.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
These are the general requirements for all positions. Specific qualifications depend on position.
- Due to federal and state regulations, must be at least
- 21 years of age for positions that serve alcohol
- 18 years of age for all other positions
- Friendly and customer service oriented, with an interest in food and cooking.
- Customer service, retail, barista, food service, grocery or similar experience preferred.
- Basic math and computation skills required.
- Skills to work independently, effectively manage own time and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Skills to adapt to the shifting priorities and needs of a retail environment.
- Skills to exercise good judgment at all times.
- Self-motivated, with high attention to detail, quality and presentation.
- Skills to collaborate and communicate effectively and professionally in a team environment and one on one with coworkers, supervisors and customers.
- Skills to manage difficult customer interactions preferred.
- Skills to read, understand and follow through on verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule in order to meet needs of the department.
- Ability to reliably meet required work schedule and adhere to company attendance policy.
These are the general physical requirements for all positions. Specific physical requirements vary by position.
- Continuously required to be on feet with a mix of standing and walking throughout shift. Sitting seldom required.
- Continuously required to: lift and carry 1-20 pounds; use arms, hands and wrists; grasping/squeezing
- Frequently required to: push and/or pull 1-40 pounds; twist; reach at/above shoulder; reach below shoulder
- Occasionally required to: lift and carry 21-50 pounds; bend/stoop; crouch/squat; kneel; climb step stools
- Frequency of climbing stairs and ladders dependent on location
These is the general work environment for all positions. The work environment may vary by department.
- Work occurs in a grocery store environment which includes surfaces that can be wet and slippery, moderate noise level, and temperature extremes in controlled environments in the cooler and freezer.
- There may be exposure to dust, mold, gluten, fragrances and other fumes and airborne particles, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants, and flowers.
- Work requires use of and working in proximity to common commercial cleaning agents.
- This position works on or around moving machinery or moving parts.