Optician, Southport Ave. job in Chicago
Opticians strive to always provide our customers with an extraordinary shopping and ownership experience. Your role as an Optician will be to provide each and every shopper with expertise in optics, friendliness and professionalism.
What you'll do:
- Ensure flawless accuracy in taking and recording measurements, adjusting and fitting eyewear and execution of all details as needed
- Verify that finished eyewear meets optical standards and customer requirements/requests
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge and accurately describe features and benefits of various lenses and our frames
- Work with other team members to ensure all customers receive exceptional service throughout their shopping and purchasing experience
- Comfortably explain eyewear prescription terminology to customers
- Provide style consulting and help customers choose the best glasses for their personal style, face type, and lifestyle
- Innovate and share best practices for sales and customer service so they can be implemented throughout the organization
- Act as a representative for our brand to help educate and excite others about our mission and values
Who you are:
- Passionate about fashion, eyewear and retail
- Able to project a professional, fashion-forward image
- Excited by a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Great at communicating clearly and effectively- in person, on the phone, and online
- Dedicated to making people happy– you exceed customer expectations with a great attitude while being a fantastic and fun team player
- Self-starter with energy to spare
- Excellent detail orientation and time management skills
- Cool under pressure and capable of juggling a diverse set of responsibilities (including completing multiple assignments and handling a ton of customers competing for your attention)
- Have the flexibility to work days, weekends and some evenings for store extended hours and/or events
- This is a full-time, hourly position. You must be available to work week days, including full availability on two weekend days.
- Licensed Optician in states requiring a license to dispense or ABO certification in non-licensed states
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull day, and no one likes a dull day. As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to team outings, intramural sports, volunteering opportunities, and more. It also doesn’t hurt that the team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Paid Time Off policy including six paid holidays
- Team performance-based incentive program
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- Frequent snacks, team outings, and workday celebrations
- And more (just ask!)