Director of Business Development job in Oakland
Description: The Director of Business Development will lead all new business development in their assigned market/region. With primary responsibility of generating sales from new customers, the Director of Business Development will solicit potential school
partners, engaging them in Revolution Foods’ mission of improving food and food service in schools and identifying mutually beneficial partnership opportunities. The DBD is also responsible for building strong relationships with school districts, charter management
organizations, school board members, state education departments, school officials associations, superintendents, food service directors, food service director associations and community advocacy groups. Reporting to the VP of Business Development, the Director
of Business Development is responsible for cultivating and securing new partners and achieving market new business sales for their assigned market/region. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Cultivate new partners to increase sales and profit, meeting budgeted sales goals for the year.
- Manage the strategic business development process for new school prospects through sales process to contract signing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with charter management organizations, state education departments, school officials associations, superintendents, food service directors, food service director associations and community advocacy groups, school board
members, and other strategically identified stakeholders to make a compelling case for using Revolution Foods as their meal service provider.
- Generate interest in Revolution Foods and represent the organization at conferences, industry events, speaking engagements and other key business building engagements.
- Manage high level relationships with critical stakeholders and decision makers after the sale closes to ensure successful renewal.
- Serve as a champion of Revolution Foods to obtain and pursue referrals in the broader community.
- Ensure timely and efficient hand off to Account Management and Operations for all new customers prior to start of service.
- Leverage relationship skills to assist with renewal and renewal strategy development for key accounts and accounts at risk.
- Use Salesforce.com to track sales pipeline and business development progress.
- Demonstrated success in sales/business development in k-12 schools including districts and charter schools in the field of school meals.
- 3-5 years k-12 school sales experience specifically in school meal service.
- Engaging presence and strong ability to build authentic relationships with all levels of school administration.
- Proven track record of setting clear, measurable goals, tracking progress against them, and attaining high levels of sales success.
- Pro-active sales closing history of over $6 million in annualized sales.
- Demonstrated affinity for and interest in the mission of Revolution Foods required.
- Solid analytical skills – understanding of school funding as it pertains to school meals, ability to balance the constraints of the business model while remaining creative and resourceful in meeting partners’ needs.
- Desire to be part of a growing, fast paced environment. Ability to manage simultaneous sales targets.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and remain solutions-oriented with limited direction.
- Strong sense of self-awareness, ability to be upfront and honest and a willingness to adjust strategies and approaches when needed to achieve the highest level of results.
- Solid computer skills, especially in using the Microsoft Word, Excel, SalesForce and Outlook; as well as comfort in quickly learning new programs a must.
- Bachelor’s degree required.