Business Development Coordinator job in Oakland
The is responsible for supporting the Business Development team in the expansion of Revolution Foods through the direct support of the VP and team initiatives. Prepares proposals, presentations and supports administrative duties related to cultivating new
school and community partners. This may include handling scheduling needs, managing incoming customer inquiries, attending bid openings, and ensures effective and solid administrative support. Updates sales tools and extracts data used by the team. May coordinate
appointments, manage calendars, organize meetings, and other related tasks. Must be organized and adapt to changing priorities. Must be comfortable multi-tasking and working within deadlines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for a variety of routine administrative tasks related to the Revolution Foods Business Development team. May support building strong relationships with school and new accounts, pass on information
and inquiries, providing the support they need to ensure strong customer relationships. Must demonstrate good administrative skills, and be committed to being punctual, organized and professional in demeanor. Essential duties may include:
- Responsible to compile information, update sales tools, prepares a variety of routine reports, spread sheets, data entry and other related work. May extract data from Salesforce to share and prepare reports.
- Works with DBD’s and prospects to gather relevant information necessary to build a sales tool
- May use information gathering to build sales tools. Documents details, sources, prospecting efforts, etc.
- Helps DBD’s put together informal proposals
- Attends bid openings
- Manage and maintain calendars, including scheduling conferences, making appointments, and making changes to appointments
- Gains a working knowledge of Revolution Foods operating facilities to speak with knowledge and clarity to prospective customers. Walks through Operation facilities, gathering insight into the layout and equipment capability.
- Helps with tastings by filling out and submitting requests to culinary centers, picking up and delivering food, and setting up on site
- Supports DBD’s and the team in our goal to hit and surpass our annual sales objective.
- Will set up and organize meetings. Coordinate catering for meals or meetings when needed. May assist in set up, clean up, etc. for meetings and catering. This may include beverage service and replenishment.
- Prepare copies and packages for teams and meetings or electronic presentations. Will arrange for samples, shipments and other items mailed between customers and the business.
- Prepare supply orders and order online using best priced/delivery methods.
- Conduct paper and electronic filing as needed. May reconcile invoices prior to submission for payment.
- May assist with researching hotels, flight alternatives, meeting rooms or other travel arrangements for the Business Development team, as needed. Make pick up and deliver products or items.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of specified information, correspondence, reports and files.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Required Experience and Education:
- 3+ years professional office experience
- Commercial Sales related experience helpful
- A proven history of excellent customer relations and relationship building roles
- Advanced MS Office experience; highly proficient in MS Office programs such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel with good attention to detail
- Experience preparing proposals and presentations
- Experience using Salesforce and other sales tools preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- A self-motivated individual with natural problem-solving capabilities and a positive mindset
- Able to work well with others to achieve daily work goals
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and unexpected situations
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work within a fast-paced environment