Reservations Agent job in Taos Ski Valley
MARKETING & SALES
Here, at the end of a box canyon surrounded by wilderness where the Rockies begin in the shadow of the iconic Kachina Peak is a place situated off the map of ordinary. A place that since its first lift was installed over 60 years ago has strived to stay true to its roots while growing better rather than bigger. Here we get a glimpse of the future, a ski area that is redefining what a year-round mountain resort can look like. A place that is independent, free-spirited, and intimate in scale. A place that is more home than destination, more retreat than resort, and the people that come here are more family than guests.
This defining drive to be better is at our core, but better means more than how we do business, it reflects what nature and history has so generously given us. Big vertical and terrain, abundant snowfall and sunshine, and a rich cultural mosaic formed by the heritage of its original Pueblo people and vibrant Hispanic influences. By its community of artists and artisans and by the adventurers drawn to its spectacular wilderness. Today, amidst this enduring character are the winds of change, it’s a revitalization of Taos Ski Valley that will preserve both our values and our environment, while reinvesting in lodging, infrastructure, lifts, snowmaking, and facilities. Our goal still is to grow better rather than bigger and to create something that is unique in approach that is supportive of our environment, our community and our culture. This vision for the future has helped make us the first ski resort in the world to earn B Corp Certification. It’s a symbol of where we’re headed and what we stand for.
The reservation agent plays a key role in the success of the Central Reservations Department and the overall experience of visitors to Taos Ski Valley. The agent is to assist prospective guests and repeat visitors to Taos Ski Valley in helping secure accommodations, lift tickets, lessons, rentals, shuttles and other activities which may be desired or offered by the Central Reservations Department.
- Has a pleasant and courteous phone voice
- Follows departmental opening and closing procedures
- Answers phone calls and returns email in a prompt and professional manner
- Assists guests on the phone and through email communication with questions about Taos Ski Valley and the Town of Taos
- Sells and up-sells lodging, packages and amenities to prospective and repeat guests
- Takes reservation calls and records crucial data on to call log
- Charges customer deposits to their credit card per department policy
- Maintains a good working relationship with fellow co-workers and with Central Reservations suppliers
- Communicates effectively with guests, co-workers, off-site agents and managers
- Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude
- Maintains a professional appearance
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times
- Demonstrates reliable attendance on all work days
- Strong personal character and commitment to Taos Ski Valley, Inc.’s Commitment and Passions.
- Provides a guest experience that exceeds the guest’s expectations.
- Ability to gracefully and humbly accept criticism and opportunities for growth.
- Ability to stay positive, focused, and constructive when faced with set-backs, challenges and while working in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Is legally able to work in the United States and has the proper documentation for employment
- Strong computer and internet skills required
- Prior experience with Property Management Systems preferred
- Prior sales experience preferred
- Ability to read and write in English required
- Ability to speak foreign languages preferred
- Is able to type at a reasonable rate required
- Educational requirements include: Highschool diploma or equivalent
Total Compensation Package:
This is a full-time or part-time, seasonal position with benefits including a free season pass, paid wellness days, domestic partnership benefits, free employee shuttle, family & friends discounted tickets and excellent resort wide discounts!
Objectives of our overall compensation philosophy include:
- Fairly & competitively compensate within our region, industry & larger marketplace while keeping with our B Corp ethics
- Pair equity amongst genders and similar types of work, rather than relying on past wage history
- Support pay transparency & encourage openness on compensation topics
- Conducting regular, organization-wide pay analyses to ensure fair and unbiased compensation
- Rewarding those that are results-driven, contribute positively & bring additional value to the organization by aligning with our organization’s overall goals, B Corp ethics and sustainability guidelines.
Other sweet perks include:
- Retail, Rental, F&B, Lodging & Recreational discounts
- Totally cool deals on awesome gear
- Lift ticket discounts to partner resorts
- Internal recognition programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Awesome staff events and cultural experiences
- Access to wellness programs and gym discounts!
- A robust Employee Assistance Program offering all kinds of wonderful perks!
- ...did we mention the views are gorgeous?!
Positions dealing with children, of safety sensitive and/or confidential nature, require driving or positions that handle cash may require a background check and MVR check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check and MVR check.
Here at Taos Ski Valley, Inc. we want you to Be Yourself! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which means your gender, your sex life, your skin color, your age, disability, DNA, military status, who you love or your religious beliefs are all welcomed and appreciated here. We prefer to base our hiring on your values, your experience & qualifications and your passions! So, if you’re stoked about the mountain, want to work for a B Corp, have a positive, can-do attitude and are good at what you do, then WE WANT YOU!
This description is a summary of the position, for a full job description please CLICK HERE
If you have further questions, please email HR@skitaos.com or please give us a call at 575-776-2291