University Supervisor Part Time - Elementary Education (Virtual) job in Virtual
Company Name:Laureate Education
Education & Training
Certified B Corporation
Faculty members serve to educate Walden University Students by effectively and proficiently using online technology and resources so that knowledge, information, feedback, and critique are imparted to and shared with students in thoughtful, carefully formulated, well written, and timely communications. This is accomplished in an environment that is respectful of student, the Faculty Member, Walden University, and the discipline in which the Faculty Member is involved. Faculty Members are expected to adhere to all Walden University Faculty expectations, which are clearly set forth to the Faculty Member at the start of his/her employment with the University.
University Supervisors for the Elementary Education program are part-time faculty members at Walden University who serve the Richard W. Riley College of Education and Leadership by regularly observing and evaluating teacher candidates during their demonstration teaching experience. University Supervisors visit school settings, working with cooperating teachers and teacher candidates. University supervisors share responsibilities with cooperating teachers and provide leadership for planning, supervising, evaluating, and implementing the Walden curriculum for teacher candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Communicate Walden University expectations for demonstration teaching to cooperating teachers and school administrators.
· Provide cooperating teachers with an orientation to Walden University and demonstration teaching.
· Conduct a minimum number of on-site, in the field observations:
Ø 3 observations during the 12 week demonstration teaching experience
Ø Additional observations and communications electronically or by telephone with Walden students and/or cooperating teachers may be required when deemed necessary.
· Structure conferences with the candidate and cooperating teacher, and provide oral and written feedback.
· Complete formal evaluations of the teacher candidate throughout the demonstration teaching experience.
· Provide the licensure candidate with opportunities for continued professional growth in his or her ability, including support during the candidate’s completion of the Teacher Performance Assessment.
· Serve as a liaison between the university and demonstration teaching site, offering information and support to cooperating teachers and site administrators as needed.
· Participate in the College of Education's Orientation for University Supervisors.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Faculty members are required to have an adequate computer to handle an electronic learning platform, keyboard, pointing device, and computer monitor. All other tools are knowledge-based or training-based through Walden University. The Faculty Member must be able to use Microsoft Office products (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint), zip software, and Adobe Acrobat and must have reliable Internet access as well as alternate access in cases where primary access becomes unavailable.
ref: (SB_23499) 5 days agoBack to search results