Faculty, PT - Master of Healthcare Administration (Virtual) job in Virtual
Vacancy has expired
Company Name:Laureate Education
Education & Training
Certified B Corporation
The School of Health Sciences at Walden University is accepting applications for Contributing (Part-Time) Faculty members to teach in our Master of Health Administration program. This program prepares students to work as Managers and Leaders in numerous healthcare settings. We are seeking faculty who are qualified to teach a diverse array of courses which are part of the Master of Healthcare Administration program (MHA). In particular, we have needs for faculty with expertise in the following areas:
- Healthcare Systems
- Health Policy and Economics
- Financial Management
- Health Law and Ethics
- Human Resources Management
- Leadership, Governance, and Organizational Development
- Operations Analysis
- Quality Assessment & Improvement
- Health Informatics & Technology
- Strategic Planning & Implementation
- Healthcare Marketing
- Population Health
What to expect as a Walden faculty member
Faculty members educate Walden University students by effectively and proficiently using online technology and resources so that knowledge, information, feedback, and critique are imparted to and shared with students in thoughtful, carefully formulated, well written, and timely communications. This is accomplished in an environment that is respectful of student, the Faculty Member, Walden University, and the discipline in which the Faculty Member is involved. Faculty Members are expected to adhere to all Walden University Faculty expectations, which are clearly set forth to the Faculty Member at the start of his/her employment with the University.
All new Faculty Members receive specific training from Walden University in the techniques of teaching, use of an electronic learning platform, specifics of the policies, procedures and degree programs of the School or College in which they are going to teach, socialization into the Walden University culture, assessment of academic integrity of student work (including use of www.turnitin.com), and research supervision of theses and dissertations.
Faculty Members are assigned a course, which is taught using the Blackboard platform, and are responsible for interacting with students within this platform. Discussion Boards for classrooms are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Although postings to the classroom may be done at any time of day, they must be completed in a timely manner in accordance with the Faculty Handbook or other criteria established by Walden University. As such, Faculty Members are expected to be in the classroom a minimum of 4 days per week and responses to student questions must be posted within 48 hours. Faculty Members are required to verify the accuracy of student postings and submissions and to provide feedback and grades to students through Blackboard. In addition, Faculty members will publish their availability to students through course syllabi. The university suggests regular and predictable availability, such as online office hours or regular online chats.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Some travel may be required to attend academic residencies, National Faculty meetings and/or commencement activities. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Earned Doctorate from an accredited university in Healthcare Management, Healthcare Administration, or a closely related field.
- Commitment to excellence in learning and to addressing the needs of distance education students.
- Experience teaching, advising, and mentoring graduate students with significant work in healthcare administration (Healthcare Human Resources, Healthcare Information Management, Healthcare Operations Management, Population Health/Public Health and Healthcare Quality Management). Applicants should have a relevant academic and/or professional background in Healthcare Management/Administration.
- Recent record of scholarly activity in Healthcare Administration
- Familiarity with distance education preferred but not required.
- Ability to work with diverse students who are experienced and mid-career professionals.
- Current membership and certification in professional healthcare administration professional associations such as: ACHE, MGMA, AAHAM, HIMSS, etc., preferred.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Faculty members are required to have an adequate computer to handle an electronic learning platform, keyboard, pointing device, and computer monitor. All other tools are knowledge-based or training-based through Walden University. The Faculty Member must be able to use Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/PowerPoint), zip software, and Adobe Acrobat and must have reliable Internet access as well as alternate access in cases where primary access becomes unavailable.
ref: (SB_23508) 6 days agoBack to search results