Kitchen Steward, Norwich VT job in Norwich
Kitchen Steward, Norwich VT
Reports to Cafe Chef
The kitchen steward’s primary responsibility is to provide a clean and safe kitchen area for our team; wash and clean dishware, pots, pans, utensils and other equipment as needed. Keep the sink area and equipment clean and organized. Customer interaction in our café when working in the front of the house retrieving dishes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the cleanliness of pots, pans, dishware and utensils
- Wash and store all pots, pans, dishware and utensils
- Keep sink area clean and organized
- Bag and haul trash to dumpster
- Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies
- Assist with the final packaging of food products
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for all stations.
- Assists others kitchen staff in closing the kitchen
- Performs other kitchen maintenance duties as assigned
- Adherence to state regulations for food safety at all times
- Complete Serv Safe within one year of date of hire
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS & DESIRED SKILLS
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Must be able to work with limited supervision
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and other staff
- Be willing to follow directions and ask questions for clarification if needed
- Be able to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 7 hours)
- Footwear must be closed toed, non-slip shoes.
- Socks must be worn
- Long pants required.
- Clean T-shirt
- Clean White apron (provided)
- Hairnet or hat must be worn
This should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. There may be some variation and/or development of the above duties and responsibilities without changing the general nature of the job.