Reservations Supervisor job in Taos Ski Valley
MARKETING & SALES
Here, at the end of a box canyon surrounded by wilderness where the Rockies begin in the shadow of the iconic Kachina Peak is a place situated off the map of ordinary. A place that since its first lift was installed over 60 years ago has strived to stay true to its roots while growing better rather than bigger. Here we get a glimpse of the future, a ski area that is redefining what a year-round mountain resort can look like. A place that is independent, free-spirited, and intimate in scale. A place that is more home than destination, more retreat than resort, and the people that come here are more family than guests.
This defining drive to be better is at our core, but better means more than how we do business, it reflects what nature and history has so generously given us. Big vertical and terrain, abundant snowfall and sunshine, and a rich cultural mosaic formed by the heritage of its original Pueblo people and vibrant Hispanic influences. By its community of artists and artisans and by the adventurers drawn to its spectacular wilderness. Today, amidst this enduring character are the winds of change, it’s a revitalization of Taos Ski Valley that will preserve both our values and our environment, while reinvesting in lodging, infrastructure, lifts, snowmaking, and facilities. Our goal still is to grow better rather than bigger and to create something that is unique in approach that is supportive of our environment, our community and our culture. This vision for the future has helped make us the first ski resort in the world to earn B Corp Certification. It’s a symbol of where we’re headed and what we stand for.
As the Reservations Supervisor, you and your team are the first impression of The Blake and Taos Ski Valley. You exhibit an unrehearsed sense of hospitality while working in a fast-paced environment and learn from each new challenge presented to you. You help create energy and excitement for the reservations team members who deliver positive experiences for guests, both internal and external. You provide support in the preparation and execution of each guest’s vacation, adding unique and personal touches to their experience. With a yearning to listen, you’re highly skilled at uncovering guests’ needs and following through with enlightening solutions and unhesitating sincerity. The Reservations Supervisor is passionate, adventurous, open-hearted, with an easy, unrehearsed sense of hospitality. He/She will promote the spirit of generosity and community, shared with guests through simple gestures that inspire lasting relationships. This position supports the Reservations Manager in the recruitment, training, and supervision of the reservations team responsible for rental reservations at The Blake Hotel and other various reservations for Taos Ski Valley. Responsibilities include assisting with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems, and other duties or tasks as assigned by the Reservations Manager.
- Must be highly detail-oriented
- Must take constructive criticism and frequent coaching well
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- System knowledge is preferred but not required. IE: IQware, Tripmaster, Siriusware, etc.
- Must be willing to ask for help and/or clarification
- Must be able to adapt to change in policy and/or procedures as directed and offer suggestions to improve operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, strong typing skills and computer knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Prior hospitality experience required, industry specific experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Fluent in verbal and written English, other language skills preferred
- Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Total Compensation Package:
This is a full time, year-round position with benefits including 75% of healthcare insurance paid by us, company paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance, al a carte benefit package options & policies to support quality of life such as 3 paid volunteer days, PTO and Wellness days, parental leave benefits & a 3% match on 401K contributions with socially responsible options!
Objectives of our overall compensation philosophy include:
- Fairly & competitively compensate within our region, industry & larger marketplace while keeping with our B Corp ethics
- Pair equity amongst genders and similar types of work, rather than relying on past wage history
- Support pay transparency & encourage openness on compensation topics
- Conducting regular, organization-wide pay analyses to ensure fair and unbiased compensation
- Rewarding those that are results-driven, contribute positively & bring additional value to the organization by aligning with our organization’s overall goals, B Corp ethics and sustainability guidelines.
Other sweet perks include:
- Free season pass
- Family & Friends discounted tickets
- Retail, Rental, F&B, Lodging & Recreational discounts
- Totally cool deals on awesome gear
- Lift ticket discounts to partner resorts
- Free employee shuttle
- Access to wellness programs and gym discounts!
- A robust Employee Assistance Program offering all kinds of wonderful perks!
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Domestic partner benefit
- Internal recognition programs
- Awesome staff events and cultural experiences
- ...did we mention the views are gorgeous?!
Positions dealing with children, of safety sensitive and/or confidential nature, require driving or positions that handle cash may require a background check and MVR check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check and MVR check.
Here at Taos Ski Valley, Inc. we want you to Be Yourself! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which means your gender, your sex life, your skin color, your age, disability, DNA, military status, who you love or your religious beliefs are all welcomed and appreciated here. We prefer to base our hiring on your values, your experience & qualifications and your passions! So, if you’re stoked about the mountain, want to work for a B Corp, have a positive, can-do attitude and are good at what you do, then WE WANT YOU!
This description is a summary of the position, for a full job description please email us at email@example.com
If you have further questions, please email HR@skitaos.com or please give us a call at 575-776-2291