Busser - 192 at The Blake (Winter Seasonal) job in Taos Ski Valley
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Busser - 192 at The Blake (Winter Seasonal)
Here, at the end of a box canyon surrounded by wilderness where the Rockies begin in the shadow of the iconic Kachina Peak is a place situated off the map of ordinary. A place that since its first lift was installed over 60 years ago has strived to stay true to its roots while growing better rather than bigger. Here we get a glimpse of the future, a ski area that is redefining what a year-round mountain resort can look like. A place that is independent, free-spirited, and intimate in scale. A place that is more home than destination, more retreat than resort, and the people that come here are more family than guests.
This defining drive to be better is at our core, but better means more than how we do business, it reflects what nature and history has so generously given us. Big vertical and terrain, abundant snowfall and sunshine, and a rich cultural mosaic formed by the heritage of its original Pueblo people and vibrant Hispanic influences. By its community of artists and artisans and by the adventurers drawn to its spectacular wilderness. Today, amidst this enduring character are the winds of change, it’s a revitalization of Taos Ski Valley that will preserve both our values and our environment, while reinvesting in lodging, infrastructure, lifts, snowmaking, and facilities. Our goal still is to grow better rather than bigger and to create something that is unique in approach that is supportive of our environment, our community and our culture. This vision for the future has helped make us the first ski resort in the world to earn B Corp Certification. It’s a symbol of where we’re headed and what we stand for.
192 bussers are food and beverage assistants that perform standard dining room maintenance duties while upholding the specific standards of 192. 192 bussers are responsible for accommodating all guests within 192, the Patio, pool, or Blake areas. Anticipating the needs of the guests and responding politely to their requests are musts while maintain the free spirit and enthusiasm of the adventurous mountain atmosphere.
Set up can include putting out tablecloths and place settings, setting a bar, arranging table placement and or putting up a buffet. Server's duties during the event can vary based on the situation, but, in general, they must be able to focus on the job while staying on their feet and moving about freely, which can include bending, climbing stairs, and carrying items weighing 25-50 pounds.
Good communication is important, as is being able to follow directions efficiently and meeting the physical demands of the job. A positive attitude while on the job is also essential. Servers must adhere to health and safety standards at all times, even when closing down at the end of the event, which may include breaking down the table set up and taking tablecloths and linens to the laundry.
Candidate is encouraged to have responsible vendor card available at http://www.waytoserve.org/ prior to hire.
Qualifications & Knowledge
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Previous bussing experience in a high-volume restaurant/bar required.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple functions simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrates experience in appropriately handling complaints and resolving grievances to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ability to arrive at work at scheduled time and stay until scheduled end time.
- Ability to review financial information for accuracy and identify problem areas.
- Fluent in written & verbal English, additional language skills preferred.
Must already have or be willing to complete the New Mexico Food Handlers Certification prior to hire. http://www.waytoserve.org/ .
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings.
Total Compensation Package:
This is a seasonal position with benefits that include a free season pass, free employee shuttle, family & friends discounted tickets and excellent resort wide discounts! Dependent upon FT or PT status, additional benefits may include paid wellness days and domestic partnership benefits.
Objectives of our overall compensation philosophy include:
- Fairly & competitively compensate within our region, industry & larger marketplace while keeping with our B Corp ethics
- Pair equity amongst genders and similar types of work, rather than relying on past wage history
- Support pay transparency & encourage openness on compensation topics
- Conducting regular, organization-wide pay analyses to ensure fair and unbiased compensation
- Rewarding those that are results-driven, contribute positively & bring additional value to the organization by aligning with our organization’s overall goals, B Corp ethics and sustainability guidelines.
Other sweet perks include:
- Retail, Rental, F&B, Lodging & Recreational discounts
- Totally cool deals on awesome gear
- Lift ticket discounts to partner resorts
- Internal recognition programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Awesome staff events and cultural experiences
- Access to wellness programs and gym discounts!
- A robust Employee Assistance Program offering all kinds of wonderful perks!
- ...did we mention the views are gorgeous?!
Positions dealing with children, of safety sensitive and/or confidential nature, require driving or positions that handle cash may require a background check and MVR check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check and MVR check.
Here at Taos Ski Valley, Inc. we want you to Be Yourself! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which means your gender, your sex life, your skin color, your age, disability, DNA, military status, who you love or your religious beliefs are all welcomed and appreciated here. We prefer to base our hiring on your values, your experience & qualifications and your passions! So, if you’re stoked about the mountain, want to work for a B Corp, have a positive, can-do attitude and are good at what you do, then WE WANT YOU!
This description is a summary of the position, for a full job description please email HR@skitaos.com
If you have further questions, please email HR@skitaos.com or please give us a call at 575-776-2291