Front of House Manager - 192 at The Blake (Winter Seasonal) job in Taos Ski Valley
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Front of House Manager - 192 at The Blake (Winter Seasonal)
Here, at the end of a box canyon surrounded by wilderness where the Rockies begin in the shadow of the iconic Kachina Peak is a place situated off the map of ordinary. A place that since its first lift was installed over 60 years ago has strived to stay true to its roots while growing better rather than bigger. Here we get a glimpse of the future, a ski area that is redefining what a year-round mountain resort can look like. A place that is independent, free-spirited, and intimate in scale. A place that is more home than destination, more retreat than resort, and the people that come here are more family than guests.
This defining drive to be better is at our core, but better means more than how we do business, it reflects what nature and history has so generously given us. Big vertical and terrain, abundant snowfall and sunshine, and a rich cultural mosaic formed by the heritage of its original Pueblo people and vibrant Hispanic influences. By its community of artists and artisans and by the adventurers drawn to its spectacular wilderness. Today, amidst this enduring character are the winds of change, it’s a revitalization of Taos Ski Valley that will preserve both our values and our environment, while reinvesting in lodging, infrastructure, lifts, snowmaking, and facilities. Our goal still is to grow better rather than bigger and to create something that is unique in approach that is supportive of our environment, our community and our culture. This vision for the future has helped make us the first ski resort in the world to earn B Corp Certification. It’s a symbol of where we’re headed and what we stand for.
The main focus of 192 Front of House Manager is to orchestrate a memorable and unique guest experience by leading a team of well-trained, inspired and passionate individuals. The 192 Front of House Manager creates an ambience where locals and visitors feel at home and included in what the Taos Ski Valley experience on a daily basis by connecting with each guest as soon as they walk through the door until they leave. Dedication to building a loyal client base by delivering an ever changing, but consistently engaging experience that exceeds expectations on a daily basis is the bare minimum for a candidate in this position. As far as technical duties, this position will oversee the establishment's bar and floor operations to include assistance with menu creation, upholding service standards, ensuring guest satisfaction, leading pre-shifts and open table management, special event and dinner execution and more. This position must also must be able to perform the same functions as the bartenders as some shifts may include working the bar on a slower day with no other bar staff. He/she supervises multiple aspects of supplying, running and operating a bar as part of a restaurant and hotel. Good communication is important, as is being able to follow directions efficiently and meeting the physical demands of the job. A positive attitude while on the job is also essential.
Candidate must have responsible vendor card available at http://www.waytoserve.org/ prior to hire.
- No less than 3 years’ experience in a high-volume restaurant/bar.
Must be at least 21 years of age or older and must already have or be willing to complete the New Mexico Food Handlers Certification prior to hire. http://www.waytoserve.org/
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Point of Sale reservations systems, & photoshop/graphic design software.
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, guest service, ability to adapt to a changing environment, take constructive criticism and frequent coaching well and accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written.
- Must be willing to ask for help and/or clarification
- Fluent in verbal and written English, other language skills preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and evenings.
Total Compensation Package:
This is a full-time, seasonal position with benefits including a free season pass, paid wellness days, domestic partnership benefits, free employee shuttle, family & friends discounted tickets and excellent resort wide discounts!
Objectives of our overall compensation philosophy include:
- Fairly & competitively compensate within our region, industry & larger marketplace while keeping with our B Corp ethics
- Pair equity amongst genders and similar types of work, rather than relying on past wage history
- Support pay transparency & encourage openness on compensation topics
- Conducting regular, organization-wide pay analyses to ensure fair and unbiased compensation
- Rewarding those that are results-driven, contribute positively & bring additional value to the organization by aligning with our organization’s overall goals, B Corp ethics and sustainability guidelines.
Other sweet perks include:
- Retail, Rental, F&B, Lodging & Recreational discounts
- Totally cool deals on awesome gear
- Lift ticket discounts to partner resorts
- Internal recognition programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Awesome staff events and cultural experiences
- Access to wellness programs and gym discounts!
- A robust Employee Assistance Program offering all kinds of wonderful perks!
- ...did we mention the views are gorgeous?!
Positions dealing with children, of safety sensitive and/or confidential nature, require driving or positions that handle cash may require a background check and MVR check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check and MVR check.
Here at Taos Ski Valley, Inc. we want you to Be Yourself! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which means your gender, your sex life, your skin color, your age, disability, DNA, military status, who you love or your religious beliefs are all welcomed and appreciated here. We prefer to base our hiring on your values, your experience & qualifications and your passions! So, if you’re stoked about the mountain, want to work for a B Corp, have a positive, can-do attitude and are good at what you do, then WE WANT YOU!
This description is a summary of the position, for a full job description please email us at HR@skitaos.com
If you have further questions, please email HR@skitaos.com or please give us a call at 575-776-2291