Senior Associate, Partnerships & Programs job
For you, success in business is about more than profit. You have a vision for a world in which business positively impacts society, community, and environment.
We have what you’re looking for. We’re B Lab, and we’re searching for you: our new Senior Associate for Partnerships and Programs to join our Impact Management team.
Who are we?
Business can be a force for good. B Lab is at the center of the movement to redefine success in business so that all companies compete not only to be the best in the world, but the best for the world.
Leading social enterprises like Patagonia, Laureate, Ben & Jerry’s, Athleta and Danone North America (as well as companies like Bombas, Casper and Amalgamated Bank) are Certified B Corps, which is a designation B Lab created to measure and certify that businesses are making a positive impact across all their stakeholders.
B Lab is hiring a senior program associate for the US/Canada team. The senior program associate will be responsible for managing relationships with B Lab’s impact management partners, and providing support and training for the successful implementation of their programs. This position will also work with B Lab’s engagement team to develop and execute successful partnerships with a broader set of organizations and companies engaging with the B Economy. Success in this role will mean that partners are executing meaningful programs that drive impact improvement in companies, support the adoption of B Lab’s tools and grow the movement of people using business as a force for good.
Core Job Functions
Partner Relationship & Account Management
Manage relationships with partners, identify potential opportunities for deep collaboration, and ensure mutual alignment of partner goals and objectives
Train and advise partners (including large corporates, business networks, suppliers and investors)
Key responsibilities include:
- On-boarding to B Lab’s tools, including the B Impact Assessment and the B Analytics management system
- Equipping partners with materials and resources to help them launch impact management programs (workshops, peer circles, improvement cohorts , etc)
- Adapting and creating new curriculum as needed
- Providing training of partners on latest product functionalities and programs deployed by B Lab
- As appropriate, providing strategic guidance to existing and new partners to ensure they are achieving stated objectives
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology and systems to better serve existing and future partners, and drive behavior change across networks of companies.
- Serve as an expert on B Lab’s standards; educate partners and their companies on the BIA impact framework and improvement opportunities for companies
- Support the recruitment of new partners and expansion of existing programs by:
- Supporting senior staff in developing funding or partnership proposals
- Demonstrating the functionalities of the B Impact Assessment and B Analytics platforms to prospects
Support the development and coordination of impact management programs, including:
- Reporting & communications with program funders and supports
- Supporting the development and execution of marketing & outreach campaigns to program participants
- Development of program related measurement & evaluation plans
- Support the scoping and planning for product/platform development, as required by program
Core Skills & Capacities
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and interests:
- Experience managing external partnerships with businesses, nonprofit organizations, and investors.
- Adept at program design, include program development, execution and evaluation.
- Comfort engaging with clients at all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrated project management skills, which in this context includes:
- Managing multiple projects with competing priorities concurrently
- Self-managing and able to coordinate people towards a deadline or an outlined process
- Directing and improving internal processes
- Passion for digging into details to brainstorm and problem solve
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Analytical skills with an ability to understand complex data sets and continually improving on how to communicate them
Preferred Qualifications Include
- Experience managing programs with multiple stakeholders across sectors
- Strong track record of managing relationships (across all levels of an organization) with large, complex clients
- Experience with formal facilitation or delivering trainings, and developing training curriculum
Annual salary of $55,000-$65,000 (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits. This role reports to the Director of Impact Management. Please note: Submissions for this position will no longer be accepted after Monday, September 10th, 2018.
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
B Lab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, B Lab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.