Retail Area Manager - South job
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
We are looking for an exceptional people and business leader to manage a fleet of stores for Casper. You will accelerate the growth of Casper in your respective region with ongoing business planning, by developing a pipeline of leaders through regular talent mapping and enhance the brand by teaching exceptional story-telling and delivering experiential service. You are passionate about leadership and recognize that getting the best from your teams requires teaching by example, active coaching, and investing in development. You have a practical sensibility when it comes to the customer journey and excel in data-driven decision making.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do…
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding sales plans and increasing Casper’s penetration rate in managed markets.
- Responsible for the P&L of your managed markets.
- Help create business driving strategies which may consist of identifying marketing opportunities, new selling/clienteling strategies and regular business reviews with HQ leadership and your team
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders across the wider organization such as marketing, People, Retail Operations and Experience to ensure success of your market
- Regularly use data to make actionable business recommendations
- Participate in the execution of new store openings in your managed markets.
- Operate a fleet of up to 10 retail locations (TX, GA, FL, SC, TN)
- Create an engaging customer experience that focuses on building relationships through the connection and relation of our brand and brand values.
- Evangelize the Casper mission of sleep and increase customer awareness
- Protect and enhance the Casper omni channel customer journey.
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring insights and opportunities to improve brand, product and services are synthesized in actionable state back to Casper organization.
- Directly manage a team of people-leaders across region and in doing so develop a best in class team of store managers.
- Partner with store leadership in the development of their teams
- Recruit a unique talent pool through continuous networking and interviewing of prospective leadership candidates.
- Develop and build an internal talent pipeline through talent mapping and succession planning
- Ensure that all training and development programs are implemented and monitored for success in partnership with HQ training teams.
- Maintain a culture of ownership, continuous improvement and goal achievement.
- Build and promote strong collaborative relationships across the fleet and HQ.
Our dream candidate has…
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years minimum experience as a manager of large teams in retail, sales, customer service or hospitality industry. Previous experience as a multi-site leader preferred; not required.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, and leading others through fast-paced environments
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of service and sales excellence in a consumer environment.
- Strategic and effective at using data, logic and instincts to identify problems and execute solutions at scale.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with a knack for building consensus via influence.
- The desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment – understands the importance of experimentation and iteration.
- Will be expected to travel at least 50% of the time
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!