Grocery Stocker Full-time job in Vancouver
The SPUD.CA family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh and Blush Lane markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it’s our great people that make it fun to come to work every day.
SPUD.CA is looking for a full-time, permanent Grocery Stocker based out of our Vancouver, BC warehouse (1660 E Hastings Street). This shift is either:
- 1:00 - 9:30 pm Sunday - Thursday
- 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that product shelves are fully stocked with available product, throughout the day.
- Assist receivers in managing inbound inventory orders.
- Organization and cleaning of freezers, coolers and overstock areas.
- Ensure proper rotation of perishable products.
- Maintain order and cleanliness, through proper management of packaging waste.
- Assist in managing inventory waits, with a goal towards reducing the need for order shorts & substitutions.
- Assist in investigation of inventory inconsistencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience working in pick & pack, distribution and/or assembly line environment is an asset
- Abillity to stand on your feet, lift up to 50 lbs, and work in our walk-in coolers for extended periods of times/shifts
- Able to communicate effectively in spoken & written English
- Strong attention to detail
- Team-first mentality
- Desire to serve and compliment other departments, to drive organizational success
- Desire to actively problem solve and improve processes
- $13.35 per hour as per the Collective Agreement. This increases to $13.60 after the probationary period and $14.85 after a year of employment.
- 20% discount on all of our products on SPUD.ca
- Extended healthcare benefits after 90 days