Warehouse Supervisor Full-time job in Vancouver
The SPUD.CA family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh and Blush Lane markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it’s our great people that make it fun to come to work every day.
SPUD.CA is looking for full-time, permanent Warehouse Supervisors. This position is based out of either Vancouver or Burnaby (1660 E Hastings Street or 5566 Trapp Avenue, Unit 105). Multiple shifts available, both daytime and graveyard.
Duties & Responsibilities
The full time Warehouse Supervisor oversees the daily operations of the of a warehouse team. Managing a team of up to 40 reports, they are responsible for planning the activities of the team, coaching for performance, providing support and assistance, and developing future leaders.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, and working in coordination with other Leadership Team members, the Warehouse Supervisor will ensure the daily success of the team, while keeping an eye towards the future.
- Plan and coordinate the daily activities
- Provide instruction and support to team members
- Prepare for and conduct daily team huddles and other communication touchpoints
- Monitor and report on warehouse KPIs, including on time pack %, saved error % and customer-reported error %.
- Manage the scheduling, vacation and payroll for your team of reports, according to budget
- Engage and develop the team through coaching, support and regular feedback.
- Lead with positivity and empathy, while ensuring that team members respect their peers and the requirements of their positions
- Where required, assist in conducting disciplinary action
- Help develop new procedures and improvements to current procedures
- Develop and maintain an error-management program, through coaching, education, process innovation and team empowerment
- Develop and maintain a cross-training program, to encourage team members to learn and engage in a variety of warehouse responsibilities
- Seek out and engage in opportunities to further personal leadership development
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Post-secondary education an asset.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and think creatively to complete assigned tasks.
- Experience demonstrating front-line leadership or supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to cultivate a team environment.
- Desire to actively innovate, change and improve processes on a daily basis.
- An annual salary based on experience.
- 20 % discount on SPUD.CA purchases.
- Extended health care benefits (after the 90 day probationary period).
- 4% vacation accrual (2 weeks’ accrued after 1 year of employment).