Hourly Operator - Dannon job in Portland
USD - Dannon ESSENTIAL DAIRY & PLANT-BASED is looking for an Hourly Operator in Portland, Oregon. With our global presence, brands, and business, our mission "bringing health through food to as many people as possible" we believe that people growth is a key asset to reach a sustainable business performance. Take this opportunity to GROW together!
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone’s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Operation of computer systems, machine equipment and/or running manual tasks in order to maintain safety, operational efficiency and quality of the product or goods handled.
- Ensure timely and accurate production and delivery of goods.
- Participation in teams to enhance the integrity of our drive for excellence.
- Moderate to heavy lifting and bending required.
- Operating powered industrial trucks such as forklifts, pallet jacks, etc is required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A High School diploma or GED.
- 2-4 years of experience in production / manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Established self management skills. Must bring interpersonal and communication (written and oral in English) skills required to interact with various levels of plant personnel.
- Work with minimal supervision and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills— the ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to operate powered industrial trucks (i.e. forklift).
- Dependable, a team-player, and demonstrate initiative.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and possess ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly, while maintaining control, focus and professionalism in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- The willingness to work flexible schedules as needed. Work schedules could include nights, weekend or holiday shifts.
Ability to perform physical demands of:
- A fast paced environment
- 8 or 10 hour shifts
- Continuous walking, standing, bending, twisting
- Moderate to heavy lifting, repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs
Nice to have:
- Individuals with experience in the dairy, food and beverage industry strongly desired.
- Experience with high speed production equipment.
- AA degree / BS degree preferred
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Hourly, CSR, Part Time, Management