Warehouse Produce Stocker Full-time Graveyard job in Vancouver
The SPUD.CA family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh and Blush Lane markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it’s our great people that make it fun to come to work every day.
SPUD.CA is looking for a full-time, permanent Produce Stocker graveyard based out of our Vancouver, BC warehouse (1660 E Hastings Street). This shift is Sunday - Thursday 10:00 pm - 6:30 am
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain stock levels on the pack line of all produce items
- Maintain a consistent focus on produce quality, through proper rotation, storage, handling & culling.
- Set up and/or tear down the produce line at the beginning/end of the pack.
- Proactively plan for replenishment, through anticipation, action & effective communication
- Assist Produce Receivers by keeping the produce cooler clean & well organized
- Assist Produce Prep team, as required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience working with produce is an asset
- Passion for quality food and the customer experience
- Able to communicate effectively in spoken & written English
- Strong attention to detail
- Team-first mentality
- Desire to actively problem solve and improve processes
- Comfortable with continuous heavy lifting (50lbs+)
- Comfortable working in a cooler throughout shift
- $13.35 per hour as per the Collective Agreement. This increases to $13.60 after the probationary period and $14.85 after a year of employment.
- 20% discount on SPUD purchases
- Extended Health Care Benefits (effective the first of the month after 90 days)