IT Support Analyst job in Vernon
Come start your career at one of our many Nature’s Fare Markets locations in B.C.! Voted Retailer of the Year by the Canadian Health Food Association an unprecedented five times, Nature’s Fare is an innovative company that encourages employees to grow and thrive within our organization. We are proud to be the first retailer in Canada to earn B Corp status and we know that our actions speak louder than words. We are a different kind of company - one that puts employees’ needs first, one that is deeply committed to preserving the environment and reducing our corporate footprint, one that encourages innovation and creativity, and one that is dedicated to our communities. If these values align with yours, come join our amazing team today!
Headquarters: Vernon, BC, Canada
Number of Employees: 380
Our environmental and social impact is measured by B Lab, see our score here.
IT Support Analyst
Nature's Fare Markets
Head Office - Vernon, B.C.
IT Support Analyst - Full Time
Come start your career with Nature’s Fare Markets at our Head Office in Vernon! Voted Retailer of the Year by the Canadian Health Food Association an unprecedented six times, Nature’s Fare is an innovative company that encourages employees to grow and thrive within our organization. We are proud to be the first retailer in Canada to earn B Corp status (www.bcorporation.net ), and we know that our actions speak louder than words. We are a different kind of company - one that puts employees’ needs first, one that is deeply committed to preserving the environment and reducing our corporate footprint, one that encourages innovation and creativity, and one that is dedicated to our communities. We offer highly competitive wages and a great benefits package.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
· Passion for structured planning and operational execution
· Strong, effective teamwork abilities and takes a collaborative approach to troubleshooting and projects
· Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to triage multiple issues and prioritize urgent tasks
· Outstanding interpersonal ability with a passion for continued improvement
· Aptitude for organization, prioritizing, and leading by example with a positive attitude
· Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and create a positive, supportive working environment amongst fellow team members
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Solid skills and at least 1-2 years of experience in the following:
· Windows 7/10, Windows 2012 R2
· Microsoft Office 365
· Hardware diagnosis and repair
· Backup and DR best practices, experience with Veeam Backup
· Networking skills: routing, IP management, VPN, OSI reference model, WiFi controllers and access points
· Retail POS experience, PCI compliance
· Security best practices (lockdown network, Group Policy, user rights)
· Hyper V 2012
· System Monitoring and response
· Any experience with Fortinet gear would be an asset
· MCSE (Microsoft Certified System Engineer) - or-
· CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) -or -
· Minimum 2-year College program diploma in IT Infrastructure
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Be the primary responder to helpdesk calls and tickets, triage/escalate as necessary
· Assist with deploying new PC’s, tills, store wireless handheld bar code readers
· Undertake/manage project work from time to time
· Interface with staff and provide informal training on best practices around web browsing and email security
· Respond to helpdesk requests and work to resolve issues in a timely manner
· Manage network switches and wireless access points and monitor firewalls
· Be willing to work an on-call rotation for evenings and weekends as needed
· Some travel may be required to various store locations throughout B.C.
Other duties as assigned
We want to help you make a difference in what you do! We provide a learning environment which will inspire and motivate you to succeed! Apply online today!
Thank you for your interest in Nature’s Fare Markets. Only successful candidates will be contacted.