Senior Researcher, Military Analytics job
FMG is seeking an intelligent and motivated senior researcher to oversee and lead complex analytic efforts. As a part of our Military Personnel Analytics division, this individual will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging personnel management issues, including the recruitment and retention of military personnel. The Senior Researcher’s primary responsibility will be overseeing the successful execution of a diverse analytic portfolio; this individual should bring expertise in applied research, strong project management skills, and client management experience. This job is best for someone who enjoys solving challenging analytic problems, has experience extracting insights from large data sets, and thrives in a collaborative environment. This position is located at the client site in Alexandria, VA.
- Overall health and success of the project delivery and client satisfaction
- Providing direction and leadership to all staff on project team.
- Coordination the work of team members, subcontractors, and internal teams. Ensures all project work is completed on time, in line with contract requirements, client expectations, and FMG’s standards.
- Maintaining primary communication with clients.
- Supporting all aspects of the analytic process, including data acquisition, modeling, and optimization.
- Writing and reviewing written reports and professional briefings that summarize findings to executive-level audiences.
- Interacting with clients regularly and work under tight deadlines to fulfill client requests.
- Master’s degree or higher in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related field.
- Five years of professional research experience required, preferably managing a project team. Direct supervision experience is not a requirement, but is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated record of technical and business writing.
- Ability to work effectively independently, and as a team member.
- Experience coordinating the work of others (familiarity with JIRA preferred).
- High level of proficiency in at least one statistical analysis software package (R preferred)
- Demonstrated expertise in applied research including gleaning meaningful insights from large-scale data sets (SQL experience preferred).
- Strong quantitative ability and a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Applicants are subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
- Significant growth opportunities.
- The opportunity to do meaningful research that has an impact.
- A highly collegial and intellectually stimulating work environment.
- A company culture promoting work/life balance.
- Highly competitive benefit/compensation package.
Fors Marsh Group LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/W/Vet/Disability