Network Engineer job in New york
Justice & Equality
About American Prison Data Systems (APDS)
At American Prison Data Systems (APDS), we provide high-quality educational, rehabilitative and re-entry services to incarcerated learners and returning citizens across the U.S. And with over 2 million people incarcerated in the U.S. and more than 9.5 million on parole or probation, we have our work cut out for us!
We are a mission-driven, public benefits corporation and certified B-Corp. Our mission is to reduce recidivism and directly improve outcomes for people affected by the criminal justice system.
We are seeking a strong, network-focused technologist capable of solving a variety of challenging problems across a range of technologies spanning our cloud environment and beyond. As a member of our growing technology team, you will be responsible for growing and maintaining a stable and secure cloud infrastructure and integrating third-party educational services into our platform.
Your work as an engineer at APDS, reporting to the Director of Technology, will form the backbone of our growing environment and will directly enable scaled delivery of our high-impact programming to incarcerated learners across the country.
Manage underlying network and security controls
- Maintain and scale AWS-based infrastructure, including firewalls, server and serverless infrastructure
- Enhance monitoring, alerting, logging, redundancy, DR practices, and establish active pen testing routines
- Integrate our cloud infrastructure with customer physical networks
- Follow SDLC processes and work with AWS vendors to complete projects
- Establish and maintain security controls and compliance-based policies
Manage partner integrations
- Manage end-to-end technical integrations of 3rd party educational partners
- Guide functionality and security testing and integrations of our partner educational systems
- Build strong rapport with technical counterparts at educational partners
- Support SSO integration with all partners that offer SAML, LTI and other SSO technologies
- Work with our partners on API integration & data collection capabilities
- Conduct a security audit of existing partners and infrastructure and establish monitoring controls
- Troubleshoot, and support existing production partner integrations
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years experience in a technical role
- Solid background in cloud infrastructure (APDS uses AWS -- experience here is helpful)
- Background in routing, firewalls, security compliance, test processes
- Familiarity with APIs, particularly SSO and data collection
- Skill across a wide range of technologies (ability to learn new technologies)
- Creative problem-solving - ability to identify problems and proactively resolve them with minimal guidance
- Ability to distill complex or technical information to be understood by non-technical staff
- Highly organized, ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for correctional or adult education (direct background in this area a plus)
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, work well with both a team and autonomously, and are inspired by the belief that technology can change the world’s social problems, we encourage you to submit an application!
Candidates based in Cambridge, MA or New York, NY will be considered.