Sr Manager, Producer Relations West job in Salt Lake City
Vacancy has expired
USD - Dannon in ESSENTIAL DAIRY & PLANT-BASED is looking for a Sr Manager, Producer Relations West in Salt Lake City, UT.
With our global presence, brands and business within our mission,bringing health through food to as many people as possible; we believe that people growth is a key asset to reach a sustainable business performance. Take this opportunity to GROW together!
Responsible for managing the relationships between Danone North America and our Farmer Partners by ensuring compliance of the National Organic Program (for Organic Dairies), animal welfare, economic, quality, and Danone Sustainable Agriculture (DSA) standards, fostering collaboration within our farmer's network and spearheading projects aligned with our B-Corp commitments
Manage the communication channels between the producer and Danone North America
• Collect best practices and communicate them throughout the network
• Define program goals, structure, and expectations of farmers.
• Represent DanoneWave at local and regional events with dairy farmers, processors, trade shows, conferences, and workshops.
• Strengthen the relationship and provide support to the farm through regular on site visits
• Manage the relationship between the co-ops, producers, and Danone North America
• Analyze data and maintain information in custom database to optimize dairy operations
Farm Relationship Management
• Act as a company ambassador in the field while working with producers, farming agencies/organizations and organic certification agencies
• Serve as primary point of contact for producers acting as a liaison with involved parties to ensure clear communication and quick resolution of any concerns or inquiries
• Assure compliance on a regular basis of animal welfare, sustainability, worker health and safety, and organic compliance as applicable.
• Develop/follow/implement and monitor productivity or efficiency project with producers
• Create pipeline of potential suppliers aligned with Danone North America vision and mission.
• In partnership with the Milk Quality Manager, follow-up on quality audit recommendation
• Ensure all certificates are in place (Organic Certification, nonGMO, Validus, IMS, Insurance, etc)
• Proactively look for ways to reduce negative impacts on the environment.
• Lead implementation and overall management of the Danone Sustainable Agriculture (DSA) program
• Participate as subject matter expert in at least one area to the producer
• Contribute to the overall milk supply strategy as an active participant on the internal milk sourcing team dedicated to high service levels from the farm to the factory.
• Drive performance with the producer through the execution of projects aimed at improving the financial viability of the dairy.
50% Domestic Travel Expected
Key elements that could motivate a candidate
• Strong connection to the purpose Danone North America
• Change the dairy industry
• Put the animal at the center of everything that we do
• Form strong connections with farmers and their families
Functional Competencies needed
Managerial Competencies and Personal Skills/Attributes needed:
• Strong project management/organization skills
• Ability to challenge the farm management program to improve
• Success in problem solving and critical thinking
• Develop cross-functional effectiveness
• Leads and drives change
• Passion for excellence
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
• Ability to operate in a team environment
• Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
Professional Experience/Education needed
• Minimum BS in related field (animal science, agronomy, dairy nutrition, etc.)
• Minimum 7 years work experience in CPG company or related dairy experience
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• Direct experience working on or operating dairy farm preferred
• Strong project management and project leadership skills
• Ability to work cross-functionally both in corporate and agricultural environment
• Strong networking skills and credibility among peers
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com We have something special inside, do you?
About Danone North America
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. Danone North America was formed as a Public Benefit Corporation in 2017 to nourish people, communities and the world through its diverse portfolio of healthful dairy- and plant-based products, coffee creamers and beverages. Its portfolio of brands includes: Activia®, DanActive®, Danimals®, Dannon®, Danonino®, Danone®, Earthbound Farm®, Horizon Organic® premium dairy products, International Delight® coffee creamers and iced coffee, Light & Fit®, Oikos® Greek yogurt, Silk® plant-based foods and beverages, So Delicious® Dairy Free, Vega® and Wallaby® Organic. The mission of the Company is to bring health through food to as many people as possible. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com.
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City
Relationship Manager, Manager, Database, Supply, QA, Customer Service, Management, Operations, Technology, Quality