Financial Analyst job in Arlington
Fors Marsh Group LLC (FMG) is an applied research & consulting firm located in Northern Virginia. Our primary mission is to leverage insights from the social sciences for improved organizational decision-making. As a thriving small business, we are committed to providing growth opportunities to our employees, expanding their areas of competence, and challenging them to deliver the best possible research for our clients.
FMG is seeking an intelligent and motivated accounting and financial professional to join our firm. This position is located in Arlington, VA and will be assisting with the day-to-day accounting and financial functions for the Company. This job is best suited for an individual who possesses excellent attention to detail, continuously strives to learn and develop, and prefers working in a collaborative environment.
- Reviewing and auditing travel expense reports submitted by FMG staff to ensure compliance with JTR, FTR, and other contractual terms/conditions
- Generating, reviewing, and submitting invoices to FMG customers within specified timeframes and in compliance with audit/compliance requirements.
- Reviewing and analyzing timecard data, payroll records, and banking records to maintain the integrity of labor accounting and distribution systems
- Other administrative and basic financial duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance and 5 or more years of experience (Government contracting experience is a plus)
- Basic knowledge of FAR and CAS (extension knowledge/experience is a plus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with enterprise-resource planning (ERP) systems
- Ability to be trusted with confidential information.
- Strong attention to detail.