Adjunct Faculty-Early Childhood Education job
Adjunct faculty for American College of Education maintain a strong academic presence and growth in professional development for teaching, scholarly or creative works, and service to the profession and to the college. Adjunct faculty report and work directly under the leadership of the department chair who provides guidance regarding 1) academic and teaching responsibilities, 2) service to students, department, college, and community, and 3) professional development.
Role and Responsibilities:
Academic and Teaching Responsibilities.
An adjunct faculty member relates directly to students, handling instructional responsibilities to support, strengthen, and enhance the learning experience.
- Interacts directly with students in an appropriate, professional manner.
- Facilitates a safe and productive learning environment for students.
- Responds in a timely manner to student requests for information, clarification of content, posts, and personal queries, and contacts inactive students as the need arises.
- Oversees the quality of the course by reviewing the functionality and content, ensuring high quality delivery of content.
- Expands the student experience by fingerprinting the course content with unique personal experience, insights, or other professional knowledge.
- Monitors and provides appropriate student feedback on assignments within college policies.
- Synthesize and reports student performance data in a timeline manner.
Service to Students, Department, College and Community.
- Faculty understand and support professional relationships within the course room, department, institution and beyond.
- Supports the policies, procedures and guidelines of the program and institution.
- Aid student learning of ethical conduct, particularly related to plagiarism and copyright infringement; follows appropriate procedures in reporting infractions.
- Directs students to supplemental resources as needed to enhance their individual skills and abilities.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and leadership of the college.
- Promotes the vision, mission and culture of the college within and beyond the institution.
- Provides appropriate leadership within ones individual sphere of influence.
As a demonstration of lifelong learning, faculty pursue endeavors to augment personal and professional skills.
- Maintains a professional and technical knowledge of the curricula and industry by participating in leading edge educational workshops/seminars, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies. This includes maintaining a deep knowledge of emerging issues and trends related to the department.
- Ensures the quality of program and course offerings by supporting and promoting research.
- Proven teacher leadership in higher education, remote experience preferred
- Must support and embrace the Colleges B Corp mission to improve the people and communities we serve through our civic engagement initiatives.
- Capable of interpreting and writing an analysis of sophisticated educational research documents.
- Current knowledge of online principles and techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, in a fast-paced environment with the ability to excel, embracing change and progressive collaboration.
- Skill in using Microsoft Office Suite applications proficiently.
- Ability to use or learn how to use appropriate technology, include conferencing and learning management systems.
- Understands and practices appropriate relationships between students, collegial and leadership.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Earned terminal degree and demonstrated exceptional content knowledge at the doctoral level in a field associated with the department.
- 1+ year experience in teaching and leadership in a formal educational setting using both traditional and non-traditional teaching formats, previous doctoral teaching strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully developing online/virtual professional relationships.
- Evidence of professional research, such as publications or presentations.
- Evidence of other creative endeavors and expertise in the field.
At American College of Education, we believe that the best learning environment for students and staff is one in which we encounter viewpoints and experiences that are different, yet complementary to ours. This environment is fostered by the presence of persons with diverse backgrounds. While a necessary precondition, diversity is in and of itself, insufficient. To create and maintain a truly inclusive learning community, we must strive to make all feel equally valued. We may celebrate diversity, but we live inclusion.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with and receive communications from students and ACE employees in real time using online and other electronic media.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
American College of Education seeks to attract and retain a diverse staff consistent with its diverse student body and surrounding communities.
ACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.