Junior Community Engagement Rep Part-time job in Victoria
The SPUD.CA family of companies is an online grocery delivery business with integrated operations through our Be Fresh and Blush Lane markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it’s our great people that make it fun to come to work every day.
SPUD.CA is looking for a part-time Junior Community Engagement Rep. This position is based out of our Victoria, BC location (956 Devonshire Road). This position will start ASAP and vary between 15- 20 per week.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The objective of this role will focus on lead generation (corporate and residential customers) through means of cold calling, door knocking, participating in "banana blitzes" and other community events.
- Work with existing corporate clients and partners to provide information via print, social media or email to the organization's members to learn more about SPUD.
- Generate relationships with community groups/organizations to increase awareness and generate new customers.
- Execute unique opportunities to spread information and awareness on SPUD's services- including, but not limited to fruit blitzes, pop-up events, and door knockers.
- Focus marketing efforts to high potential geographic areas, and to high value potential customers.
- Create positive, ongoing relationships in all interactions.
- Build the SPUD brand by participating in community events.
- Additonal duties as required.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must have your own vehicle.
- A valid Driver's License, and clean driving abstract for the last 5 years.
- Enthusiasm for organic groceries/produce, sustainability, and our local food movement!
- Experience in either marketing, outreach, or a sales role. This is an ideal role for an outgoing student.
- A passion for creating amazing customer experiences.
- Strong organizational skills, and proven ability to execute against calendars and timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to work on weekends to support events and promotions.
- $15.00 per hour starting wage
- 20 % discount on spud orders