Prep Production (Be Fresh Pender commissary) job in Vancouver
Be Fresh, cultivated by SPUD.CA, creates healthy, pre-packaged meals with local and organic ingredients to bring our customers delicious, nourishing food. All of the action happens out of our Pender commissary, where our team can be found prepping, cooking, and chopping up a storm! The end product (think beatifully assembled salads, sandwhiches/wraps, zoodles, vegan meals, hummus...etc....we could go on forever!) is sold through our catering services, in our 5 Be Fresh retail locations, and SPUD.ca.
Be Fresh is looking for permanent, full-time Prep Production team members for our Be Fresh commissary (1114 E Pender Street). This shift is Sunday- Thursday, 7-8 hours per day between 12:00- 9:00 pm.
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up the kitchen for different cooking task following set recipes
- Recognize the shelf life and rotation of all the products in the coolers and freezers with proper labelling
- Ensure the right amount of food is cooked for every station
- Ensure Pull-Thaw and HACCP logs and completed daily
- Follow food safe requirements
- Help manage inventory, stocking and ordering
- Assist other team members and fill in as needed
- Perform daily side duties
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience in a restaurant or kitchen setting would be terrific, especially a bustling and busy one
- A positive attitude to get it done
- Excellent knife skills
- Knowledge of different cooking styles
- A passion for food is fantastic!
- A passion for life is even better! We are a fun loving, fast moving company and hope you are too
- An hourly wage based on experience
- 20% discount on Be Fresh and SPUD.CA purchases
- Extended healthcare benefits after the 90 day probationary period