Customer Service Coordinator job in Richmond
At Lotus Foods (www.lotusfoods.com) we’re committed to Changing the Way Rice is Grown Around The World. This lofty mission inspires us to create delicious and innovative rice products crafted from heirloom varieties of rice grown around the world that improve farming communities and the health of our planet. As a small company with ambitious goals we believe in teamwork, entrepreneurial thinking, creativity, hard work and nutritional food.
A certified B Corporation, we believe that by pursuing smart product innovation, better growing practices, and delicious whole grain heirloom rice varieties we’ll lessen our environmental impact, improve nutrition for our consumers and create more social and economic justice for small farmers.
The Customer Service Coordinator coordinates complex administrative tasks associated with processing sales orders. This role supports the Finance, Operations and Sales Departments by providing accurate and timely entry of customer orders (by both hand and EDI), enabling efficient order processing from receipt of Purchase Orders to final shipping from the Lotus Foods warehouse. This individual is the key customer contact for confirming orders, coordinating returns and miss-ships, and troubleshooting and resolving problems punctually.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 2 - 3 years of order entry, customer service and/or sales support experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate MS Office skills – especially Excel.
- An understanding of order entry and sales support systems.
- Great attention to detail and competence in organization skills.
- The ability to coordinate multiple details with focus and accuracy.
- The ability to clearly communicate with internal and external customers, always representing Lotus Foods in a professional, friendly and helpful manner.
- A tolerance for working with frequent interruptions and short deadlines while giving courteous support for customers’ immediate needs.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; displays reading comprehension skills.
- Common business math.
- Previous experience with EDI strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in the CPG industry preferred.
- Exposure to and experience working with a manufacturing ERP system preferred.
- Experience in the food industry, natural/organic products industry is a definite plus.
- A passion for our mission.
If the above describes you, we encourage you to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.