IT Help Desk Technician - Tier 2 job in New Haven
We have an opening for a full-time Deskside / Desktop Support Technician – Tier 2 (DST). Please submit a resume and a cover letter, explaining why you are a good match for the following.
The DST will work on-site at the New Haven office of one of our clients, supporting end users via ticketing system or email, on the phone, or in person. He/she will integrate into the client business environment and use best practices to provide unparalleled customer service and technical support. The DST will know when to work independently and know when to collaborate with the point of contact, other members of the team, and the end-users as well as other TNB employees.
Travel to other sites in Connecticut may be required on an occasional basis.
Starting salary is $16.60 per hour, plus benefits. TNB will also support the DST to succeed in the early stage of his/her career by offering opportunities for professional development, including incentives for earning industry-related certifications.
Qualifications and Experience
Associates degree in computer technology field or 1-2 years experience in a technology environment, with experience including (but not limited to):
- Providing desktop support and/or resolving tickets related to technology issues submitted to a help desk
- Instructing end-users regarding various software and systems
- Troubleshooting technology issues related to networking, hardware, printers, devices, etc.
- Working with Windows 7 and 10 as well as Active Directory
- Office 365
- Installing software and upgrades for PC’s
- Installing various hardware and devices
The individual must have a valid driver’s license and car.
- Friendly, with a professional, customer-focused attitude
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with a desire to learn
- Willing to follow protocols and procedures
- Showing a desire to research and analyze problems
- Good time management skills
Tech Networks of Boston (TNB) is a managed services provider offering IT support to mission-driven organizations and non-profits to enhance their effective use of information technology. TNB is proud of the innovative approaches and expertise that we provide to each client to help them increase impact and efficiencies in their work through leveraging technology more effectively. We are also confident that other organizations benefit from collaborating with us.
In addition, TNB promotes and supports a variety of sustainability initiatives.
TNB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining why you are a good match for this position. No phone calls, please.