Student Systems Analyst, FInancial Aid job in St. Augustine
St. Augustine, Florida
Company Name:Laureate Education
Education & Training
Certified B Corporation
State / Province:
Under general supervision of the Office of Financial Services/Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Systems Analyst will be expected to provide technical, analytical, and application support for the Financial Aid, Finance/Bursar and Institutional Research Offices. This position is an integral role within the Financial Aid Office by helping to solve complex problems. The individual will be responsible for the financial aid system and operational processing in a team environment and possess an expert knowledge and experience in Financial Aid systems and operations. He/she will possess the ability to understand user issues, research for solutions, and provide practical knowledge to support users in their specific business processes; works independently with discretion and flexibility in determining how to resolve system and operational issues; understands the complexity of financial aid and identifies trends to improve operations; and consistently acts as a resource for colleagues and maintains a strong cross-functional network of colleagues to maintain operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop reports as needed, not limited to State requirements, IPEDS, Gainful Employment, FISAP, 90:10, Department of Education G5 and various institutional and finance reports, maintain a working knowledge of federal, state, and institutional programs, regulations, and guidelines.
Maintain system processing according to the established schedule and troubleshoot processing issues. Support the annual set up and periodic maintenance of financial aid systems. The position works with IT in the design to develop system architecture to support multiple applications, program expansions and interfaces with other software system within the organization.
- Automate complex manual processes as directed, as well as seek out these opportunities to proactively make improvements, code, debug, test, and document complex application systems.
- Design, implement, and document complex procedures, create documentation and train end users in system features and usage.
- Query and analyze large quantities of data from multiple systems.
- Produce analytical narratives of key findings, including actionable business recommendations for executives.
- Develop and deliver presentations/reports to senior management and executives.
- Participate in internal and external user groups; serve on committees and attend conferences as assigned. Partner with other cross-functional staff to identify and resolve problems and to develop reports and applications.
- Support the team by evaluating and reporting on data integrity and working with counterparts in organization to resolve data integrity issues. Fulfill a variety of ad hoc data requests to support internal initiatives and external regulatory requests.
- Manage a federal reconciliation case load and with in-depth knowledge of COD and PowerFAIDS disbursement coding requirements needed to resolve reconciliation issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in higher education financial aid office preferred (including knowledge of federal, state, and institutional aid programs)
- Must be proficient in Excel and data extraction
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills are a must
- NSLDS, COD, PowerFAIDS, Student Information System, Salesforce, or Microsoft Office 365 experience a plus
- Ability to successfully resolve operational issues to ensure compliance
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment
ref: (SB_25676) 5 days agoBack to search results