Manager of Simulation Education. job in Miami
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the management of the CICPs, including oversight of operations, development of and adherence to policies and procedures, supervision of staff, and faculty and learner support.
- Serve as the expert and provide leadership for the development and implementation of a shared vision for the integration of the CICPs and simulation education into the USAHS curriculum.
- Collaborate with faculty and academic leadership to develop, plan, and implement state of the art simulation experiences in accordance with best practices in simulation education, and in alignment with curricular goals and institutional learning objectives.
- Partner with the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment to evaluate the effectiveness of the CICPs and the overall simulation experience for all USAHS stakeholders.
- Ensure standardization of policies, procedures, and CICP facilities across campuses and delivery modalities.
- Develop, deliver, and continuously improve the training opportunities and instructional materials available to faculty, CICP staff, students, and standardized patients.
- Maintain knowledge of simulation industry best practices and opportunities for innovation, while positioning USAHS as a leader in providing education through the use of simulation.
- Create opportunities for internal communication across USAHS campuses regarding CICP activities and initiatives, and work with Marketing to communicate CICP achievements and innovations to external stakeholders.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager is responsible for creating a shared multi-year programmatic vision for simulation integration and CICP usage in coordination with key stakeholders and for planning, designing, implementing, and evaluating simulation experiences and CICP operations as an integral part of the USAHS educational model.
- Position requires frequent travel to vendor sites and USAHS campuses; at least 50%.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in education, health professions or related field with experience in simulation and simulation technology.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role in a simulation environment.
- Experience with utilizing simulation in online, hybrid, and blended environments.
- Experience as faculty or working with faculty as a peer in health sciences education strongly preferred.
- Experience in simulation-based education and training, evaluation of outcomes, patient safety, and implementation of innovative simulation-based education and training programs necessary, or an equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
- Experience with managing and leading a diverse team across multiple locations to achieve a shared vision of simulation implementation.
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
- Certification from the NLN SIRC, Society for Simulation in Healthcare or the Certified Modeling & Simulation Professional program preferred, but not mandatory.
- Must have an understanding of the crucial role of simulation education as an integral part of health science education.
- Knowledge of current issues and best practices for simulation in general and in higher education in particular.
- Significant knowledge of and experience with current simulation technology, best practices, and simuilation management software.
- Experience in designing and developing simulation experiences for students in online, blended, and hybrid programs in higher education.
- Experience providing pedagogical and technical consulting for the design, development, and implementation of simulation scenarios across delivery formats.
- Experience in facilitating and leading educators in the integration of simulation into the educational environments.
- Experience in the administration of simulation experiences and the support of faculty teaching utiliting this teaching methodology in higher education.
- Demonstrated organizational skills in handling, directing, and prioritizing multiple and complex assignments/ projects and maintaining records.
- Demonstrated effective supervisory, interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to work independently with little direction.