Warehouse Produce Receiver Full-time job in Vancouver
The SPUD.CA family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh and Blush Lane markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it’s our great people that make it fun to come to work every day.
SPUD.CA is looking for a full-time, permanent Produce Receiver based out of our Vancouver, BC warehouse (1660 E Hastings Street). This shift is Tuesday - Friday 6:00 am - 4:30 pm (4 shifts X 10 hours).
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive inbound produce orders, verifying count, expiration dates and quality
- Maintain produce quality through returns of sub-standard products, ensuring proper storage & rotation, and continuous team education & focus
- Conduct daily inventory counts, manage inventory locations, and manage daily waste & spoilage
- Regular communication with Produce Purchasing department
- Assist Produce Stockers with keeping the pack line fully stocked
- Assist Produce Prep team, as required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience working with produce is an asset
- Experience working in pick & pack, distribution and/or assembly line environment is an asset
- Able to communicate effectively in spoken & written English
- Strong attention to detail
- Team-first mentality
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs comfortably, and be on your feet throughout the day
- Ability to work comfortably in a cooler all day
- Ability to be punctual, and reliable
- Desire to serve and compliment other departments, to drive organizational success
- Desire to actively problem solve and improve processes
- $14.35 per hour as per the Collective Agreement. This increases to $14.60 after the probationary period and $15.85 after a year of employment.
- 20% discount on SPUD purchases
- Extended Health Care Benefits (effective the first of the month after 90 days)