Ecommerce UX/UI Designer Full-time job in Vancouver
Would you like to be a part of a growing and dedicated team who work to provide sustainable solutions in our own communities? SPUD (Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery) was created by and grown with passion, grit, and a vision of how business and local partnerships ought to be. Plus, it helps that we get to work with delicious and organic food all day. Channel your own passion and take your career to the next level by joining one of our talented teams!
SPUD.ca is looking for a full-time, permanent Ecommerce UX/UI Designer based out of our Vancouver, BC head office (1660 E Hastings Street). Note- this position will be moving in late October to our new head office located at #105 5566 Trapp Avenue, Burnaby.
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
Duties & Responsibilities
The Ecommerce UX/UI Designer at SPUD is a hands on role, responsible for the ecommerce experience, from conception, creation, to implementation.
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flows for web applications for a variety of screen sizes and interaction models
- Work closely with Marketing, IT, Purchasing, Customer Care, and other SPUD Departments to develop a storyboard of the customer journey, including user scenarios and requirements
- Identify and action opportunities for improving the user interface
- Maintain a deep understanding of the SPUD customer and their experience, taking into consideration design, customer feedback, usability, and technical barriers
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mock ups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
- Develop and maintain detailed user interface specifications
- Define and report key KPI’s to monitor performance on a regular basis
- Own the post-implementation process, monitoring test and digging into web analytics
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2 + years of experience as a UX and UI designer
- E-commerce experience is required
- Background in graphic design is required
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Experience leading in an Agile/Scrum development environment preferred
- Strong background in web analytics
- A solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development, web technologies, user experience methods and design principals
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for delicious organic food, supporting local, and sustainable living
- An annual salary based on experience
- 20% discount on all of our products on spud.ca!
- Extended Health Care Benefits (effective the first of the month after 90 days)