Director, Operational Excellence job
Here at Warby Parker, we're searching for a first-rate Director of Operational Excellence to manage and develop our internal Lean Six Sigma program. A key member of our Supply Chain team, you'll focus on cutting costs and improving quality while reporting to the Senior Director of Operations for support. We'll count on you to work with internal and external partners to develop sustainable processes that create nothing-short-of-amazing customer experiences. Our ideal candidate has a manufacturing background, plus experience in quality management systems or continuous improvement efforts. Sound a lot like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
- Take charge of Warby Parker's Lean Six Sigma program, reviewing our strategic objectives and determining key focus areas to streamline our processes
- Encourage and train others in the company to identify and eliminate waste in our processes through a Lean Six Sigma program
- Facilitate and lead the organization through Lean Six Sigma events, incorporating value stream mapping, Kaizen events, process mapping, and 5S
- Measure key metrics against our internal quality standards, develop scorecards, and implement continuous improvement efforts focused on quality
- Collaborate with our Research team on finding operational solutions to create foolproof production processes
- Work with the Supply Chain team to ensure that deliveries meet our standards for both quality and timeliness, and that fulfilling one does not come at the cost of the other
Who you are:
- Equipped with 8–10 years of experience in quality management, continuous improvement, supply chain, or manufacturing
- The proud holder of a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Knowledgeable about technical drawings and/or quality standards
- An Excel mastermind
- Comfortable working at both strategic and tactical levels
- A team player and self-starter who's able to collaborate across teams and job functions
- Excited to bring your no-task-too-small attitude to our fast-paced, high-growth work environment
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail (almost—almost!—to a fault)
- Armed with excellent record-keeping and documentation skills
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)