Associate Librarian job in Virtual
Vacancy has expired
Company Name:Laureate Education
Education & Training
Certified B Corporation
Liaison Librarian serving the subject areas in the Schools of Psychology, and Counseling
Liaison / Outreach Role & Responsibilities (Approximately 20 hours/week)
- Serve as the Library’s expert on the needs of the faculty and students in designated programs.
- Collect information and data both anecdotal and statistical to identify points in programs that demand library instruction or intervention.
- Maintain knowledge of the evolving content of the curriculum, goals, and expected outcomes.
- Identify first courses or early courses where students need to develop information literacy skills and final or large scale research projects where students need advanced research skills.
- Identify, establish, and maintain contact (outreach) with the key stakeholders in the academic programs, academic centers, and course development.
- Identify opportunities for library content to be updated, created, and integrated into courses and programs. (course maintenance and development)
- Networking and awareness of program structure, benchmarking with appropriate institutions and understanding program expectations.
- Develop an annual review schedule of programs to identify upgrades, outdated materials and new opportunities to support students and faculty.
- Review course scope and sequence documents and identify problems and/or needs for instruction development.
- Complete faculty and staff research support on request.
- Develop internal training related to assigned programs and subject areas for staff librarians.
Instruction Role & Responsibilities (Approximately 10 hours/week)
- All Liaison Librarians must be trained and involved in production of instructional pieces including assignment guides, quick answers, library labs, tutorials, videos, etc.
- Liaisons will work more specifically within their programs to develop and deliver instruction.
- Liaisons will staff in-person and virtual Residencies and develop instructional and informational materials to improve Residency-based Library experience for students and faculty.
Reference/One-to-one Services Role & Responsibilities (Approximately 10 hours/week)
- All Liaison Librarians will staff the reference desk.
- Provide literature review consultations, and support for doctoral students.
- ALA accredited master's degree
- At least one year of recent academic library experience.
- Experience searching the major academic databases.
- Expert-level research ability in online databases.
- Experience teaching information literacy skills including the use of online databases
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in an online academic library serving students at a distance.
- Experience supporting doctoral level information literacy outcomes.
- This is a full time 40 hour per week associate librarian position.
- Regular hours are Monday through Friday with occasional nights and weekends.
- Travel will be required up to four times per year.
ref: (SB_25802) 4 days agoBack to search results