Dissertation Editor job in Virtual
Vacancy has expired
Company Name:Laureate Education
Education & Training
Certified B Corporation
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Dissertation Editor (mentor) is a research writing professional who works to assure the editorial quality and integrity of the University's dissertations and assist students in their development of advanced writing projects for publication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Extensive line editing of Walden dissertations and doctoral studies.
- Limited participation in the Chapter Edit service and Walden Writing Center projects.
- Limited presentation of webinars focused on writing, APA, and elements of writing the dissertation.
- Opportunity to travel and present at face-to-face writing seminars (Residencies and Capstone Intensives) at multiple times during the year.
- Drafting query letters to students and committees with instructions for recommended and required changes.
- Answering student inquiries regarding document formatting, APA style, and writing-related concerns in researching and publishing scholarly work.
- Reading, listening, and communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear and meaningful instructions and guidance.
- Assisting faculty and students using MS Word's track changes function and other APA-required capstone document formatting.
- Other duties as requested by the Managing Editors.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Earned master's degree or beyond from an accredited institution in English or related social science field required, or 10 years of editing experience.
- Five to 7 years of experience in with academic writing or editing.
- Superb written communication skills.
- Sensitivity to backgrounds and needs of adult students.
- Expertise in APA style.
- Experience with the capstone process and sufficient familiarity with social science research to coach students writing their research studies.
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, virtual, team-based environment.
- Facility with MS Office Suite applications, including using track changes, and capable of learning Walden's administrative databases and software systems.
- Ability to handle several editing projects and other tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with teaching, presenting, or other experience with face-to-face instruction.
ref: (SB_25805) 4 days agoBack to search results