Academic Coordinator-Criminal Justice job in Virtual
Vacancy has expired
Company Name:Laureate Education
Education & Training
Certified B Corporation
Walden University offers advanced degrees online to professionals whose work impacts others. Degree programs include health sciences, counseling, human services, management, psychology, education, public health, nursing, public administration, technology, and engineering. Our challenging programs are designed to help students make a difference in the lives of children, the health of communities, or the success of an organization.
The Academic Program Coordinator is a full-time faculty member who reports to a Program Director and works closely with the relevant School and College academic advising and administrative staff, and faculty to address a variety of academic and student issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Course instruction, course content development, and other curricular activities as needed
- Managing administrative functions appropriate to their assignments
- Mentoring of students in research for MS and Ph.D. degrees, and undergraduate students (where applicable)
- Oversight of the thesis and dissertation completion sequences
- Participation in university and school residencies where appropriate to a program
- Engagement in scholarship
- Service on university and school committees and for school initiatives as needed
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Knowledge of the Business
- Management Skills
- Problem-Solving / Critical Thinking
- Communication Skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Earned a doctorate in the relevant discipline and area.
- A significant record of intellectual and professional contributions to the field, including professional publications and conference presentations.
- Three to five years teaching experience at the graduate or undergraduate level as appropriate to the program.
- Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment.
- Supervising student research at the graduate level, or undergraduate level as appropriate.
- Excellent leadership, communication, team participation, and human relation skills.
- Experience with distance learning preferred.
- Ability to mentor and motivate adult learners in a distance-education environment.
- Ability to work with adult learners with variable skill levels, various learning styles as well as diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Some travel required.
ref: (SB_25811) 4 days agoBack to search results