Associate Director, Center for Research Quality job in Virtual
Vacancy has expired
Company Name:Laureate Education
Education & Training
Certified B Corporation
The Associate Director reports to the Director of Research Quality Management and works closely with the academic and administrative staffs in the relevant Centers, Schools, or College, to address a variety of academic, faculty, and student issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with CRQ team and college stakeholders on various academic initiatives
- Report to the relevant Director on assigned operations within the unit in which he/she serves and ensure the use of the best practices and standardized procedures within that unit
- Travel to relevant university meetings
- Service on university and school committees and committees for other initiatives as needed
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversee the Ph.D. research courses and support their continuous improvement.
- Serve as WAC (Walden Academic Champion) for Research Course Curricula. This would involve getting regular input from course coordinators, course leads, and SMEs as needed and updating Digital Teaching and Learning.
- Collaborate on developing proposals/tasks relevant to the research courses and taking them through the appropriate approval processes.
- Review research course outcome data and recommend strategic improvements based on data
- Develop and communicate research support resources for faculty and students
- Create needed resources to post on CRQ website and develop webinars, videos, FAQs, etc.
- Teach methodology and other sessions at Ph.D. residencies as needed
- Conduct CAO abstract reviews (or serving as back up when primary reviewers are unavailable)
- Perform collaborative work for new initiatives related to doctoral student progress and readiness and faculty research skill building
- Supervise and mentor individuals on the team
- Provide methods advising/training (office hours/webinars) for students and faculty
- Teach dissertation mentoring module (training course) as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Earned doctorate in the relevant discipline and area, preferred
- Strong research background
- Expertise in research methodology (Qualitative/Quantitative or both)
- Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication, team participation, team building, and human relation skills.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds in a collaborative manner
- Experience serving on doctoral capstone committees (dissertations or studies in professional doctorate programs)
- Ability to creatively solve problems.
- Ability to write effectively in both business and academic styles.
- Experience with distance learning preferred.
- Some travel required.
ref: (SB_25812) 4 days agoBack to search results