Graveyard Grocery Packer/Team Leader FT job in Vancouver
The SPUD.CA family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh and Blush Lane markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it’s our great people that make it fun to come to work every day.
SPUD.ca is hiring a full-time, permanent Grocery Packer/Team Lead (GRAVEYARD) for our Vancouver, BC warehouse (1660 E Hastings Street). This shift is Friday - Sunday 10:00 am - 8:30 pm.
This shift is a combined role, working as both a Packer and a Team Lead:
- 3 day per week will be the Team Lead shift
- 1 days per week will be the Packer shift
The full time Team Leader, Pack Line drives the day-to-day performance of the graveyard warehouse pack line. Reporting to the Operations Manager, they are responsible for directing the activities of the team, coaching for performance and accuracy, providing support and assistance, and developing future leaders. They lead on the front line, maintaining team morale and ensuring graveyard team effectiveness.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the on-time departure of all routes on a daily basis.
- Train and develop team members to be successful in their roles
- Continuous improvement of pack line performance
- Reduction in picking errors and quality issues
- Promotion of a high performance, team-based culture, which is both challenging and rewarding
- Drive the pack line team to meet speed and accuracy targets, through daily engagement & motivation
- Direct packers in their day-to-day duties
- Design & train team members on Standard Operating Procedures for the pack line
- Monitor order accuracy and customer-error reports
- Coach the team for performance & accuracy
- Support managers & supervisors in managing day-to-day operations
- Engage and develop the team through coaching, support and regular feedback.
- Lead with positivity and empathy, while ensuring that team members respect their peers and the requirements of their positions
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- Proven ability to problem-solve and think creatively to complete assigned tasks.
- Proven ability to lead by example
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- $13.00 per hour + $0.60 per hour Graveyard Premium- when working the 1 days a week as Packer
- $18.00 per hour + $0.60 per hour Graveyard Premium- when workign the 3 day a week as a Team Lead
- 20% discount on spud.ca purchases
- Extended Health Care Benefits (after 90 days) including: massage therapy, acupuncture, naturopath, physiotherapy, psychologist, chiropractor, 80% dental and prescriptions covered, life insurance, travel insurance, discounted eye exam- and more!
- Vacation accrual of 4 %