Produce Supervisor job in Vancouver
The SPUD.CA family of companies is an online grocery delivery business headquartered in Vancouver, with integrated operations through our Be Fresh and Blush Lane markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it’s our great people that make it fun to come to work every day.
SPUD.CA is looking for a full-time, permanent Produce Supervisor based out of our Vancouver, BC warehouse (1660 E Hastings Street). This shift is Tuesday- Friday 6:00 am- 4:30 pm.
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
Duties & Responsibilities
The Produce Supervisor oversees the daily operations of the Produce Team. Leading a team of up to 40 reports, they are responsible for planning the activities of the team, coaching for performance, providing support and assistance, and developing future leaders. They lead on the front line, maintaining team morale and ensuring that the pack line is always fully stocked with high-quality produce.
Reporting to the Produce Manager, and working in coordination with other Leadership Team members, the Produce Supervisor will ensure the daily success of the Produce Team, while keeping an eye towards the future.
- Motivate the Produce Team to meet quality targets & complete produce workload, through daily engagement.
- Direct Produce team members in their day-to-day duties.
- Design & train team members on Standard Operating Procedures for the produce team.
- Monitor product quality and customer-error reports.
- Coach the team for performance & maintaining quality.
- Support managers in overseeing day-to-day operations.
- Engage and develop the team through coaching, support and regular feedback.
- Lead with positivity and empathy, while ensuring that team members respect their peers and the requirements of their positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Proven ability to think creatively to complete assigned tasks.
- Proven ability to lead by example.
- Experience working with produce or in a pick/pack, distribution or assembly line environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Desire to actively problem solve and improve processes on a daily basis.
- An hourly wage based on experience
- 20% discount on SPUD purchases
- Extended Health Care Benefits (effective the first of the month after 90 days)